Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to firm Outdoor Adventure and Environment for September, super excited, who else is going to Ambleside???? I live in France (born in England) so I'd love to know some people before going! Also have some questions for people already on the course: do we get to sail?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inmillity)
    I'm going to firm Outdoor Adventure and Environment for September, super excited, who else is going to Ambleside???? I live in France (born in England) so I'd love to know some people before going! Also have some questions for people already on the course: do we get to sail?
    Hey! I've made this my firm choice too, can't wait to get started!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.tarrant)
    Hey! I've made this my firm choice too, can't wait to get started!
    Yes I'm so excited!!! These seven months are going to go by quickly, though. Exams and lots of things to do 😂

ReputationRep:
    Then good luck for your exams! I hope you get what your aiming for!

ReputationRep:
    Ah haha thanks, I think I'll meet my conditions easily which is good. Why did you pick the course?

ReputationRep:
    left college a few years ago and been working since, decided now to go to uni and saw this course located in one of my favourite places on earth. My mind was pretty much made up then haha

you?

ReputationRep:
    Idk I don't really want to be stuck in a classroom for three years and it gives me a chance to do everything I like so...

ReputationRep:
    That was the reason I didn't want to go to uni in the first place, never knew a course like this existed!

ReputationRep:
    Nor did I 😂 I just had this totally random brainwave one day and looked up courses to do with the outdoors etc. The environment/natural sciences side of it is really interesting too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it seems to be the only course that I could find that really combines the adventure side of it with the environmental aspect!

ReputationRep:
    Exactlyyyyyyy. Plus the location is really stunning and offers lots of opportunities to do things. I'd imagine that the environmental aspect will broaden our career options, too. I've never done any climbing but I'm looking forward to learning.

ReputationRep:
    it's gotta be the watersports for me, only tasted a few and loved it so can't wait to try more!

ReputationRep:
    Those too 😂 one of the main reasons why I applied. I've been dinghy sailing for years so the lakes are obviously an attraction. And we get to take the boats out whenever we want, which is definitely a plus!!!

ReputationRep:
    For free as well! I've never sailed before so hopefully I'll get the chance to try it!

ReputationRep:
    Ah well it's definitely one of the best sports in the world (and I'm totally not biased), could be chilly in the depths of winter though haha.

ReputationRep:
    Have you found any other people who are going to Cumbria btw? I'm looking but there's not much about it.

ReputationRep:
    You're the first I've found, I think it's a little early atm. You have until March to make a decision on your choices so hopefully by then a few more people will have come forward

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true. Gotta wait for them to come out of the woodwork 😂 but it think if we've already firmed then in February we're more likely to get our first choice for accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Do you know which one you're going to go for yet? They all look pretty decent tbf, better than most unis I've seen 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.tarrant)
    Do you know which one you're going to go for yet? They all look pretty decent tbf, better than most unis I've seen 😂
    Nahhhh I don't know yet. Because I'm an expat we're not sure if I'll be able to get a maintenance loan (although my sister did) so I think I'm going to go for one that offers the cheaper accommodation options. I also don't want to be lugging laundry around town so either Helvellyn, Howes or Wansfell I think. You?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.