rosewillow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in Year 11 and I've applied for a level geography, art and religious studies at sixth form but I feel that I want to pick a fourth option and change religious studies to something else but I keep changing my mind on what 2 subjects to go for. I'm considering picking 2 from economics, geology, psychology and religious studies (I might keep it after all, I'm not sure yet). I know the decision needs to come from me but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice?
(I'm currently unsure about what I'd like to do in the future but I know that I'd like to study at university).
DrStress
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I'm also in year 11, and I've chosen the A-levels: Psychology, Chemistry, Biology and Geography. Although I have not previously studied Psychology as a subject in school I find great interest in it. For the rest of them I really enjoy and I'm currently getting great grades in! So I would recommend going for something obviously of your interest and what you know you are currently clear on because it's not going to get any easier in A-levels but at the same time I don't believe you should NOT choose a subject in A-levels just because you haven't previously studied it, I don't really know what to advise tbh bc I've known what a-levels I wanted to take since year8 (apart from the geography, I added that on this year ngl). What subjects are you currently doing as a GCSE or already have done if you don't mind me asking and what are you main interests and academic strengths??
rosewillow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by DrStress)
Hi, I'm also in year 11, and I've chosen the A-levels: Psychology, Chemistry, Biology and Geography. Although I have not previously studied Psychology as a subject in school I find great interest in it. For the rest of them I really enjoy and I'm currently getting great grades in! So I would recommend going for something obviously of your interest and what you know you are currently clear on because it's not going to get any easier in A-levels but at the same time I don't believe you should NOT choose a subject in A-levels just because you haven't previously studied it, I don't really know what to advise tbh bc I've known what a-levels I wanted to take since year8 (apart from the geography, I added that on this year ngl). What subjects are you currently doing as a GCSE or already have done if you don't mind me asking and what are you main interests and academic strengths??
I picked geography, art and drama at gcse (I hate drama, idk why I picked it😂) and I want to do geography and art definitely at a level because I get A*s in both subjects. I don't really have any particular strengths other than those 2 subjects (I get B/A in most of my other subjects) but I don't like complicated maths (I can do it ok but I don't like it). I don't really have any particular interests either but I tend to lean towards humanities, marketing and environmental science for some reason.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads