Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

middlesex or goldsmiths? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i recieved an unconditional offer from midddlesex and a conditional offer from goldsmiths, i found out that according to student satisfaction, middlesex has a higher rating than goldsmiths. Which one do you think i should accept?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abubakar.a1)
    i recieved an unconditional offer from midddlesex and a conditional offer from goldsmiths, i found out that according to student satisfaction, middlesex has a higher rating than goldsmiths. Which one do you think i should accept?
    Subject? Grades required? Predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Subject: computer Science Grade requirements:Goldsmiths want DDD Whereas Middlesex gave an unconditional offer What do u mean by predictions ?

ReputationRep:
    Subject: computer Science Grade requirements:Goldsmiths want DDD Whereas Middlesex gave an unconditional offer What do u mean by predictions ?
    Hasn't your referee put your predicted grades in your application? What do you think your chances of getting DDD are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OH yh i am predicted DDM but Yh it’s possible for me to get DDD with a 60% chance, but I’ve done some comparisons and found out that the student rating for Middlesex is higher than goldsmiths which means that getting a degree in Middlesex is easier, but I would like other opinions on this decision

ReputationRep:
    OH yh i am predicted DDM but Yh it’s possible for me to get DDD with a 60% chance, but I’ve done some comparisons and found out that the student rating for Middlesex is higher than goldsmiths which means that getting a degree in Middlesex is easier, but I would like other opinions on this decision
    In general Goldsmiths is regarded as a better university, but I don't know about CS specifically. Is the Middlesex offer 'unconditional if firmed'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right you are studying computer , but the unis you have chosen are both design school.

ReputationRep:
    Yh it’s an offer that if firmed it’s unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Yh but the hav a good rank in terms of computer Science these two unis are ranked one after the other

ReputationRep:
    Yh it’s an offer that if firmed it’s unconditional
    Do you prefer the contents of one course over the other?

What is Middlesex's offer if you put them as your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They offered me MMM

ReputationRep:
    They offered me MMM
    So you should easily achieve that.

I think it comes down to which course you prefer. Have you visited both unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh I hav for an open day, also I wanna do the same course in both uni but Middlesex is more practical and less theory than goldsmiths and I prefer that.

ReputationRep:
    Yh in fact I’m on a DMM atm, but the thing is I don’t want to waste my effort trying to get Hugh grades to get into a high requirement uni wen there is a better and easier option available for me

ReputationRep:
    Yh I hav for an open day, also I wanna do the same course in both uni but Middlesex is more practical and less theory than goldsmiths and I prefer that.
    Then your choice is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh so i should choose middlesex? thanks for your help appreciate it

If your preference on university is based on ranking, isnt it obvious that goldsmiths ranks a lot higher than middlesex overall...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeirCKF)
    If your preference on university is based on ranking, isnt it obvious that goldsmiths ranks a lot higher than middlesex overall...?
    But it doesn't for the OP's course. However, I agree with part of your previous comment - that Goldsmiths is better known for more creative subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello!

I am currently studying at Middlesex and I am loving my time here
    It is an extremely friendly community and there are people coming from 145 different nationalities. There are also around 80 different societies, sports and jobs on campus!
    We have a very active students' union from the first year of your degree. There is also a lot of support, from essay writing, to well-being.
    The lecturers are also very knowledgeable and are all working or have worked in the field.

What course are you going to study?

Have a great day
    Ludovica
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Let's be fair Middlesex University, I'd want to go to Hendon for a bagel, but you can get better jerk chicken in New Cross.

It really depends on what you want to do, abubakar.a1

Goldsmiths is a smaller university (though very diverse and inclusive) and our computing department is strong in areas like computational arts, computer games and business computing.

The feel of the areas is also quite different, so it may be worth dropping into the campuses and seeing how you feel.

I hope you choose the course that's best for you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.