The Student Room Group

Medicine in Eastern Europe

Poland, Romania, Czech Republic or Bulgaria ? Which country ? Which university? Looking for feedback for students currently enrolled? Did you use an agency ? How were the entrance exams if any ? Any regrets ?
Original post by asmafazal
Poland, Romania, Czech Republic or Bulgaria ? Which country ? Which university? Looking for feedback for students currently enrolled? Did you use an agency ? How were the entrance exams if any ? Any regrets ?

I'm currently a first year med student in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The agency I used was called InterHECS and they helped a lot. My friends used tutelage but didn't have anything good to say and others used SME but that is too expensive.
The entrance exams were alright, they were mostly MCQs and if you do the practice papers then you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Latvia, Riga Stradins university. It’s very popular among foreign students
Reply 3
Original post by WhoDaresWins
I'm currently a first year med student in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The agency I used was called InterHECS and they helped a lot. My friends used tutelage but didn't have anything good to say and others used SME but that is too expensive.
The entrance exams were alright, they were mostly MCQs and if you do the practice papers then you'll be fine.

Where are you from ? How fair are the univ exams ? I read something about profs taking money to pass you in some univ. How true is that ? What are your prospects in terms of residency ? have you planned out what you can do with a Bulgarian degree once you complete your 6 years ?
Reply 4
Original post by pandoma
Latvia, Riga Stradins university. It’s very popular among foreign students

Are you a a student currently enrolled there?
Original post by asmafazal
Where are you from ? How fair are the univ exams ? I read something about profs taking money to pass you in some univ. How true is that ? What are your prospects in terms of residency ? have you planned out what you can do with a Bulgarian degree once you complete your 6 years ?

Throughout the semester we have mini tests for subjects like Anatomy, Chemistry, Biology, Latin and Medical Physics and then we have finals in January and June. The mark needed to pass the exams is 60%. If you achieve over 90% in the mini tests then you are exempt from some parts of the final exam, so if you work hard from the beginning you'll be doing your future self a favour.
I don't know anyone, nor have I ever seen anyone paying a professor to pass an exam.
The GMC are introducing an exam called the UKMLA (http://student.bmj.com/student/view-article.html?id=sbmj.j2227) which ALL graduates have to sit regardless of where they are from, so after I get my MD, and hopefully I pass this, I want to stay in the UK.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending