Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE Geography 8035 - 22 May/5 June/11 June 2018 [Exam discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    How far are you into the course?
    Do you have to do any lessons at home?
    When do you think you will finish all the content in the course?

My geography teacher is predicting that if everything goes smoothly (A double page per lesson + work at home) we can finish the course 1 week before the first exam. We're currently about to start "The development gap".
    We're also still doing unit 1 topics as we weren't able to finish it in year 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokum)

My geography teacher is predicting that if everything goes smoothly (A double page per lesson + work at home) we can finish the course 1 week before the first exam. We're currently about to start "The development gap".
    We're also still doing unit 1 topics as we weren't able to finish it in year 10.
    We are a couple of week from finishing but we are ahead. We are nearing at the end of energy resource. We just finished learning about fracking. The class most behind is just starting Resources-energy but they should also finish a bit before the first exam. How come you are making a thread? Do you need help. No we don't have to do any lesson at home but the school near us have to do lesson at home. since they are behind.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokum)

In my school we're very far behind and are predicted to finish the week before the exam with no extra revision/recap lessons. In the lessons we're just copying down information from the text books onto sheets because we've been told there isn't actually enough time for us to do it all any other way. We're currently studying Nigeria and have to finish off most lessons at home. So I'm really not looking forward to the exams even though I want to do it at A-level

ReputationRep:
    Hey! My class are currently doing about the development gap (but it feels like we've been going over it for ages) and have been given booklets related to resource management and energy to work on at home. My school decided to change exam boards part of the way into the course, so we still haven't covered all of the case studies from the first unit. The other class at my school have been told that they will have to learn ecosystems at home bc they had no time to learn it in class.

Have you all been on your field trips yet? We've been on one and are going on the next one in a couple of weeks, but have been told literally nothing about how to write about them (it was more of a 'let's all go have fun in a river' kind of thing) so I'm kind of worried about that section of the exam.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    When does the preliminary material for paper 3 come out?

ReputationRep:
    hi, my class has finished the whole course now !! we just need to revise paper 3 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokum)

at my school ALL the classes are behind, as our teaching has been a bit sporadic and the way classes are timetable means we (particularly my class) miss a lot of lessons on half days and at the beginnings of terms, etc. I have just started ecosystems, with resource management left to do. I doubt we'll finish the course with any revision time left to spare :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max9874)
    When does the preliminary material for paper 3 come out?
    it was officially released yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileywells)
    it was officially released yesterday
    Are we supposed to get it straight away?

ReputationRep:
    My geography set isn’t going to hand them out until this coming Monday, mainly because every fortnight Monday we do Paper 3 topics. They’ve been in my school under exam officers watch since last Monday.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    We're at the 'Changing UK economy', just done changing rural landscapes. Not sure we'll finish quickly enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxooo)
    We're at the 'Changing UK economy', just done changing rural landscapes. Not sure we'll finish quickly enough...
    You're still a lot further ahead than us. We're still on the development gap, with the whole case study on an LIC or NEE and the UK economy still yet to go. We have already done resource management though.

ReputationRep:
    we've finished and are revising paper 3 but i feel as though my school rushed through it to get it all done in time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokum)

so we have lessons to do at home except the revision in time for exams (personally I am making flashcards for each topic) we finished the content a couple weeks before easter, although our teacher is vague going over the content I think we have covered it well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still not finished the course?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still not finished the course?
    Nope ahhhh I'm stressing!

ReputationRep:
    march 19th u were meant to get it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxooo)
    Nope ahhhh I'm stressing!
    plenty of sample questions online go over case studies and content

ReputationRep:
    I've resorted to self-teaching the last part of the course (UK Economy). My geography class is a joke, teacher can't control the class and doesn't even care anymore that half the people just **** around and don't do any work in the lesson;

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.