Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so my computer is on blue screen on death and then i cant click on advanced options (lenovo pc btw windows 10) because my mouse cursor isnt there!!! What should i do???? Help asapName:  AE250E8D-255B-4404-AEE6-AB7A94A97951.jpg.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  25.4 KB
username1869653
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
Ok so my computer is on blue screen on death and then i cant click on advanced options (lenovo pc btw windows 10) because my mouse cursor isnt there!!! What should i do???? Help asapName:  AE250E8D-255B-4404-AEE6-AB7A94A97951.jpg.jpeg
Can you use your keyboard to choose the options?
YouMadBro!
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can you cycle through the options by pressing tab
KeepItUnreal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go advanced by pressing tab, it should highlight when you do this. Then there should be options, select the one which says keep files but reset and you'll be set. Hopefully
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
I cant tell if its doing it. I press tab then enter multiple times. No luck
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
My keyboard doesn't bloody work
username1402543
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're motherboard is corrupted. You will have to purchase a new motherboard or get a new computer.

There is no way around the BOD unfortunately.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
This is not fair.. all i did was uninstall a antivirus...
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is not fair.. all i did was uninstall a antivirus...
Life isn't fair. You just have to continue I'm afraid.

You can try to replace the motherboard though it will be costly but as I said there is no cure for BOD.

Even if you search online it's only temporary solutions not a permanent fix.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Ita a desktop computer
UlaGreyWolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can’t you force reboot it again? Leave it off for a while then try turning it on again?
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just to add there is apparently a bug with a recent Windows update that's causing big issues for sine people. This could be involved here.
I don't really know any details on it. It's just something I've been told since my laptop (also Lenovo oddly enough) crashes any time I move the screen. I hear some people have been locked out of their computers because of it. Might be worth looking into.
Here's a link relating to it https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/3/16846784/microsoft-processor-bug-windows-10-fix
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Even if OP reboots the computer, it's not going to work due to the motherboard being corrupted. Therefore they are required to change the motherboard of the PC.

It can also be related to wear and tear as well. So if the OP has had his PC for a long time I guess it's time to say goodbye to it.

BSOD is quite prevelant in this regards too.
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Right sorry for the misinformation.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fair enough. Thanks for the info
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Im trying different usb ports, dosent seem like its working tbh
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Yes i have tried different mouses dosent work. How do u get into bios
Rabbit2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MiszShortee786)
Life isn't fair. You just have to continue I'm afraid.

You can try to replace the motherboard though it will be costly but as I said there is no cure for BOD.

Even if you search online it's only temporary solutions not a permanent fix.
Can you lay your hands on a spare hard drive for your machine? Doesn't have to be the same size. Get a blank one, and try installing Linux on it. Mint is a good distribution [that's what i'm using]. If the machine boots normally, you must have some malware on the Win 10 drive. You can continue using Linux [i use it nearly 100% of the time now]. It's free, and works very well. I have heard it put that "anyone who is running Win 10, can kiss any hope of privacy [even the slightest] good bye!!! There are some ppl on ebay, that are selling 'live' distributions of various versions of Linux on a used USB hard drive (external one). The drives are set up so that you can boot off of them, and try the Linux versions out. If you like the way one of them runs, you can select a push button when you boot, and the pgm on the USB drive will install it on your machine's hard drive. If you get tired of it, just reboot off of the USB drive, and install another version of Linux. I tried several versions, and settled on "Mint" to use. I'm quite happy with it. If you are accustomed to running windows, you can convert to Linux in a couple of weeks. The hardest part i've found, is remembering the funny names that each special application is called. The video capture pgm is called "Kazam". There are supporting documents available on the Linux web site(s) that can be printed out to help the beginner. I wouldn't just buy another computer without trying to fix what you've got. In my experience, about 85% of problems with PCs are due to software issues - usually malware. Good luck!!!!
Rabbit2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rabbit2)
Can you lay your hands on a spare hard drive for your machine? Doesn't have to be the same size. Get a blank one, and try installing Linux on it. Mint is a good distribution [that's what i'm using]. If the machine boots normally, you must have some malware on the Win 10 drive. You can continue using Linux [i use it nearly 100% of the time now]. It's free, and works very well. I have heard it put that "anyone who is running Win 10, can kiss any hope of privacy [even the slightest] good bye!!! There are some ppl on ebay, that are selling 'live' distributions of various versions of Linux on a used USB hard drive (external one). The drives are set up so that you can boot off of them, and try the Linux versions out. If you like the way one of them runs, you can select a push button when you boot, and the pgm on the USB drive will install it on your machine's hard drive. If you get tired of it, just reboot off of the USB drive, and install another version of Linux. I tried several versions, and settled on "Mint" to use. I'm quite happy with it. If you are accustomed to running windows, you can convert to Linux in a couple of weeks. The hardest part i've found, is remembering the funny names that each special application is called. The video capture pgm is called "Kazam". There are supporting documents available on the Linux web site(s) that can be printed out to help the beginner. I wouldn't just buy another computer without trying to fix what you've got. In my experience, about 85% of problems with PCs are due to software issues - usually malware. Good luck!!!!
I forgot to mention: If you decide to replace the OS on your existing hard drive, don't forget to 'back up' - i.e. make copies of ALL files on your present hard drive!!! [that you want to keep]. That is why i suggested getting another hard drive to test your machine out. I don't have the mounting screws in my hard drive in this Dell Latitude D530. I can switch off, and remove the hard drive, replace it with another, and be up and running on windows (XP) in a few minutes. I am using either 1 or 1.5 terabyte drives - so there is PLENTY of room for everything. This includes a bunch of movies. I store my data files on an external USB hard drive [that is not "C:"]. My applications are stored on the external drive too. This means that basically, about the only thing on "C:" drive is the operating system, and drivers for my printers, etc, which are operating system specific. About the only thing that a rogue operating system could do is tamper with my BIOS. That is fairly unlikely, and anyway, you should have that backed up too. Again - good luck, i doubt that it's the actual machine. People selling the 3 1/2 inch hard drives for notebooks are also selling 'drive cloning' software that boots under Linux. This will copy your entire drive in an hour or two (depending upon how much you have on it). That way, if you 'garbage up' an experimental hard drive, you can just 're-record' it from the original source. This gives 'back up' a whole new meaning, when you can back your system up with a complete hard drive - giving yourself a running test drive as a backup. No lengthy restore efforts needed here - just plug it in!! Cheers.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Ok quick update. Tirns out i had a usb with the Windows fixer things. My mouse and keyboard finally work 😀however im trying every way of trying to repair the computer but nothing is woeking till now. Rn im doing some system restore:
Name:  6CB017F1-8966-43B1-AA4C-E3B2858BA791.jpg.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  37.8 KB

Earlier i did get this:
Name:  7F2E80B2-16DC-477A-9073-0E719F1FE0DE.jpg.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  37.2 KB

Now im just hoping for the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads