GCSE -Is it too late?!! Watch

SilverLipa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I feel so unmotivated lately, we’re 5 moths away from exams and I don’t think I am worthy of getting good grades.My predicted grades are mostly 6s (Bs) and a few 7s (As). I want all 7s Atleast. I feel do worthless and like I’ve left everything too late. Many people started revising in year 10 !!!Is it too late??Can I still get straight As???

Ukvoltaire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SilverLipa)
So I feel so unmotivated lately, we’re 5 moths away from exams and I don’t think I am worthy of getting good grades.My predicted grades are mostly 6s (Bs) and a few 7s (As). I want all 7s Atleast. I feel do worthless and like I’ve left everything too late. Many people started revising in year 10 !!!Is it too late??Can I still get straight As???
Your predicted grades are not that bad at all. You usually get higher than your predicted grades so you are in a good chance to get a few A*s too. And it isn't about when you start revising, it is about how you revise. Effective revision, not early revision. Though I say that I do suggest you start revising effectively from now. You haven't left anything too late, so don't worry.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Absolutely if you start now.
Also depends how much work you have done.
How smart.
How hard you work.
How smart you work.

100% there is time but the clock is ticking now.

You will find theres a large group on TSR who claim to have needed no time at all or not done any but still got all As and A*.
nio.m
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No it isn't' too late, if you really want the high results start revising now and I am sure you will get those grades!!!
I am predicted all eights but i haven't started revising.

I am in year 11 doing
maths, double english, triple science, re, history geo and german. If you have any issues, pm me.
lmin88
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not too late at all! Start revising now (if you wait some more then it might be too late). Good luck!
raqeen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know how it feels some people started in year 10, I began in September but lost motivation
Like everyone else said it's best to start now and put 100% in you can get beyond. Mine are 6's and two 7's too
Good Luck!
Ram00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have 3 months till my exams, and I'm so unmotivated for my exams, is there any point because I want to get 7s and 8s, and I'm scared. I am talking geography, english, maths, science and French and 2 BTECS (computer science and business) and I have no idea how to revise!
Waterlemons
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ram00)
I have 3 months till my exams, and I'm so unmotivated for my exams, is there any point because I want to get 7s and 8s, and I'm scared. I am talking geography, english, maths, science and French and 2 BTECS (computer science and business) and I have no idea how to revise!
I’m with you. I’m unmotivated to do homework, so I stay up late finishing it, get less sleep, then become too tired the next day to even bother to try revision too. I know how to revise, though; I just can’t get myself to do it...
SourApostrophy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's certainly not too late - we were talking about when everyone starts revising for GCSEs and I think the general consensus was that not many had actually started yet. Don't be disheartened. Remember, our GCSEs are a competition so the chance of us getting better grades than our predicted targets is higher because we are given our GCSE grades depending on what everyone else gets.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads