The Student Room Group

Combining uni, rugby, work experience etc..

Evening all, was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this. I'm in my first year of university and don't really have any experience yet so I want to try and add some.

However, I play rugby at both academy and university level as well as studying three days a week. Until around May, I've got rugby Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday night, Friday night and come march, Saturday as well.

Through the summer, it will only be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but I don't know if universities advertise experience through the summer.

I really want to get some experience in because the course leader woman has sent an email out displaying different jobs etc but I can't expect them to be flexible. Was just wondering how to juggle it all, how relevant it all is in first year, any way I can shuffle things around etc.

I'm a bit of a novice at this type of stuff so should I just wait until the summer? Do students do relevant work experience during term time or just get jobs to cover their rent etc..

Thanks guys.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dux19
Evening all, was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this. I'm in my first year of university and don't really have any experience yet so I want to try and add some.

However, I play rugby at both academy and university level as well as studying three days a week. Until around May, I've got rugby Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday night, Friday night and come march, Saturday as well.

Through the summer, it will only be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but I don't know if universities advertise experience through the summer.

I really want to get some experience in because the course leader woman has sent an email out displaying different jobs etc but I can't expect them to be flexible. Was just wondering how to juggle it all, how relevant it all is in first year, any way I can shuffle things around etc.

I'm a bit of a novice at this type of stuff so should I just wait until the summer? Do students do relevant work experience during term time or just get jobs to cover their rent etc..

Thanks guys.

It sounds like you're really busy! Some students do work experience in term-time, others wait until Summer or other breaks. Term-time opportunities might be advertised through your uni, but if the timing isn't great for you then you could look into organising your own experience at a time in the year more suitable for yourself

Quick Reply

Latest