The Student Room Group

Trouble with uni options

Hey, after spending ages trying to decide what to do at uni, I've settled on psychology, and have recieved 2/3 unconditional offers back already. However I'm been worrying alot about that psychology`s job prospects are not great, despite it being an interesting subject. This has made me consider reapplying for computer science instead. So basically my issue is whether I should apply for computer science for better job prospects despite not finding it massively interesting, or sticking with psychology, and risk being unemployed in the future. Can anyone help me figure out what the right choice is here because I have no idea.
Don't do a degree you're not interested in, computer science already has the highest average number of dropouts and its decisions like these that add to that statistic.
Reply 2
So you would suggest doing psychology even if the job prospects are bad for it? I don't know what job I want in the future, so I'm worried that taking psychology might limit my options.
Original post by potatoboy
So you would suggest doing psychology even if the job prospects are bad for it? I don't know what job I want in the future, so I'm worried that taking psychology might limit my options.

I don't really like to give suggestions based on job prospects because that's not higher education should be about in my opinion, if you learn transferable skills and are a good teamworker I don't see how getting a degree in a specific field can limit you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending