The Student Room Group

Why does my girlfriend only give quick pecks?

My girlfriend and I have been together officially for 2 weeks now, but dating for more like 4. I would say we have moved pretty fast so far, considering we didn't know we liked each other until only 4 weeks ago. We have cuddled for a few hours nonstop, and we kiss everytime we see each other so she is definitely comfortable with me.

But when we do kiss, it's never, you know, a real kiss. I'm not even talking about making out yet, just like a deeper, longer more meaningful kiss. She only gives really quick pecks. I've tried to kiss her for longer but every time we kiss, it's like the second our lips touch she pulls away.

Scroll to see replies

Have you communicated this with her?
She’s not ready to kiss, ask her not us!
Reply 3
People feel comfortable at different rates. I wouldn't think about it too much.

Alternatively, she may simply not like kissing in that way.
Attachment not found
I was the same with my first boyfriend during our early days. I wasn't a confident kisser at that point so I just gave pecks. I also wasn't completely sure how much I liked him. One option would be to just pin her down/move on top of her (in a sexy way of course) as you're kissing. Or grab her hair and pull her in. If she's like me and is giving pecks due to lack of experience (but would rather make out) then that could be all takes. But if she's genuinely not ready to make out then that could be risky.
Next time you give each other a goodbye peck, and she pulls away just say something like 'is that all I get?' in a jokey way.
she might not know how to kiss. I did that with my first ever boyfriend too, just pecks because I had no idea how to snog. why not teach her
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I was the same with my first boyfriend during our early days. I wasn't a confident kisser at that point so I just gave pecks. I also wasn't completely sure how much I liked him. One option would be to just pin her down/move on top of her (in a sexy way of course) as you're kissing. Or grab her hair and pull her in. If she's like me and is giving pecks due to lack of experience (but would rather make out) then that could be all takes. But if she's genuinely not ready to make out then that could be risky.
Next time you give each other a goodbye peck, and she pulls away just say something like 'is that all I get?' in a jokey way.

Yeah, I am her first boyfriend and she is my first girlfriend so I suppose it could just be lack of experience. So I guess that makes sense, we are still in our early days after all. I'm not to doubtful about her liking me, as she has said she really likes me and her friends say she talks about me a lot. I did mention making out one time but she just laughed it off, probably because she was nervous/ doesn't have experience so wouldn't know what to do? And yeah maybe next time we kiss I will try and pull her in/ try and make it last longer and see what she does.

Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by yungaheartz
she might not know how to kiss. I did that with my first ever boyfriend too, just pecks because I had no idea how to snog. why not teach her

I suppose that could be. I am her first boyfriend/ kiss/ all that after all, and she is my first girlfriend/ kiss. So I guess I could teach her, only I don't know how either lol.

Thanks!
Reply 9
Maybe she's not comfortable in giving strong, passionate kisses just yet? You need to give things time.
Reply 10
Original post by DrawTheLine
Have you communicated this with her?

No
Reply 11
Original post by UWS
Maybe she's not comfortable in giving strong, passionate kisses just yet? You need to give things time.

Yeah I guess since this is a first for her she might just not be ready.
Original post by Canadaboy
My girlfriend and I have been together officially for 2 weeks now, but dating for more like 4. I would say we have moved pretty fast so far, considering we didn't know we liked each other until only 4 weeks ago. We have cuddled for a few hours nonstop, and we kiss everytime we see each other so she is definitely comfortable with me.

But when we do kiss, it's never, you know, a real kiss. I'm not even talking about making out yet, just like a deeper, longer more meaningful kiss. She only gives really quick pecks. I've tried to kiss her for longer but every time we kiss, it's like the second our lips touch she pulls away.

You've only been together and known you like each other for 4 weeks... give it some time. I've never had a girlfriend (asked one to go on a date recently but she said no) but I wouldn't kiss someone i've only been with for 4 weeks. Be patient, you will know when she is ready to because she will probably hint at it
Reply 13
Ohhhhh now I get the chicken thing, LOL
Reply 14
Original post by Baza2002
You've only been together and known you like each other for 4 weeks... give it some time. I've never had a girlfriend (asked one to go on a date recently but she said no) but I wouldn't kiss someone i've only been with for 4 weeks. Be patient, you will know when she is ready to because she will probably hint at it

Yeah I guess I just have to give it time, it's just that it's moved fast in other aspects so I thought this might happen sooner.
Original post by Canadaboy
Yeah I guess I just have to give it time, it's just that it's moved fast in other aspects so I thought this might happen sooner.

If you want to try and get her to kiss you then if you are alone, when she gives you a quick peck say something like:
'give me a bit more?'
Say it like you are asking if SHE wants to 'give you a bit more'. She may interpret it as another peck but it is more than likely that she will know what you want and it is a risk-free way of asking for more.

(I've never had a girlfriend, never been in a relationship, never kissed so i'm not speaking from experience but i do think it will work)
(If you try it can you message me with the outcome?)
Reply 16
Original post by Baza2002
If you want to try and get her to kiss you then if you are alone, when she gives you a quick peck say something like:
'give me a bit more?'
Say it like you are asking if SHE wants to 'give you a bit more'. She may interpret it as another peck but it is more than likely that she will know what you want and it is a risk-free way of asking for more.

(I've never had a girlfriend, never been in a relationship, never kissed so i'm not speaking from experience but i do think it will work)
(If you try it can you message me with the outcome?)

Yeah I guess that sounds like it could work. And yeah I suppose it's win win, either way, she either catches on or I still get another quick kiss lol.

And she is my first girlfriend, so I was in your exact spot a month ago.
So I know what you mean by even not having experienced it you still feel like it would work.

And yeah for sure, I'll message you if and when I do it!
Doesn’t like slobber exchange?
Did you try kissing her in a public place? Maybe she doesn't like giving proper kisses if she feels like others are watching? (I know that I would be the same).

Also if she doesn't have much experience it's possible that she's embarrassed of being a bad kisser. Like, what age is she?

I'd say you should try kissing her for longer again in a more private place and if she stops just ask her straight up what's wrong.
Some deep analysis bro