The Student Room Group

Which Uni for engineering

I want to do mechanical engineering as a degree in Uni i don't know which Uni. I'm stuck between Cambridge or Imperial
(Still in year 9 btw so i do have time :smile:
Original post by israel.bkr
I want to do mechanical engineering as a degree in Uni i don't know which Uni. I'm stuck between Cambridge or Imperial
(Still in year 9 btw so i do have time :smile:

Neither of those if you want to work in industry - explore a bit more in a few more years. Focus on getting good GCSEs for now.
you have lots of time, don't worry at all. factors to consider are: cost, distance from home, cost of accommodation, course quality, uni facilities and quality of public transport. Also have you considered or looked into apprenticeships? they can be very good for engineering and give good career prospects if you decide that uni isn't for you. (I decided to do engineering in year 9 but now I am in year 12 and have been researching into uni alternatives- you don't have to go to uni!) don't stress, go on a uni visit to find out more.
Reply 3
Original post by lucylambert88
you have lots of time, don't worry at all. factors to consider are: cost, distance from home, cost of accommodation, course quality, uni facilities and quality of public transport. Also have you considered or looked into apprenticeships? they can be very good for engineering and give good career prospects if you decide that uni isn't for you. (I decided to do engineering in year 9 but now I am in year 12 and have been researching into uni alternatives- you don't have to go to uni!) don't stress, go on a uni visit to find out more.

okay so i've researched a lot of those already but that a good poin that i don't actually have to go to uni. The transport links are really good from where i live- only 2 trains! but yeah i'll will look into some alternatives

Quick Reply

Latest