gjoness
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m going to be an undergraduate in September at Lancaster Uni and I just wondered whether anyone could possibly inform me of how many hours they study for and for how many days. I’m going to be studying Business Management. Thanks!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gjoness)
Hi, I’m going to be an undergraduate in September at Lancaster Uni and I just wondered whether anyone could possibly inform me of how many hours they study for and for how many days. I’m going to be studying Business Management. Thanks!
Email the dept and ask for a copy of the student timetable.
gjoness
Rep:
?
Are they able to do that? I didn’t think they was!
Advertisement
Kimberleylouiise
Badges: 6
Report 1 year ago
Did you email the department & get a reply?
gracejoness
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I emailed them and they said that they couldn’t give me a past timetable as they differ each year, I just wanted to get a rough idea though!
Advertisement
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The most intense courses will have in the region of 20 hours contact time per week. Most will be quite a lot less. The amount of time you spend studying will vary enormously between courses. Some require you to put in anything from 5 to 70 hours a week (from personal experience of doing physics) depending on the coursework you have and how efficiently you work, although for me I'd say 20 hours per week after first year would be the usual amount I needed to do my weekly coursework assignments.
gracejoness
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Manitude)
The most intense courses will have in the region of 20 hours contact time per week. Most will be quite a lot less. The amount of time you spend studying will vary enormously between courses. Some require you to put in anything from 5 to 70 hours a week (from personal experience of doing physics) depending on the coursework you have and how efficiently you work, although for me I'd say 20 hours per week after first year would be the usual amount I needed to do my weekly coursework assignments.

Thank you so much!! Is this usually over 4 days?
Advertisement
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gracejoness)
Thank you so much!! Is this usually over 4 days?
You'd have the contact time spread over 5 days (well, four and a half normally as Wednesday afternoons are usually reserved for sports) and the individual study time is spread over the full week.
jalaxew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really depends on the course. I do Psychology as my major; I have 5x 1 hour lectures a week, 3 or 5 (depending on the week) hours of labs, and a 1 hour seminar and then for my minor which is Criminology I have 2x 1 hour lectures and 1x 1 hour seminar each week
Advertisement
gjoness
Rep:
?
Ah right thank you so much, this helps a lot!
ioffedaniel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gjoness)
I'm going to Lancaster to study business management in September and I was wondering if you could answer your own question and tell me a little about the course!
Advertisement
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ioffedaniel)
I'm going to Lancaster to study business management in September and I was wondering if you could answer your own question and tell me a little about the course!
Hello,
I have a friend doing a similar course so I'll ask her to get an idea! I imagine you'll have some lectures a week, some tutorials/seminars and maybe a day off! It'll definitely seem a lot less than what you're used to.
Anyway, I'll get back with an update soon!
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
I have a friend doing a similar course so I'll ask her to get an idea! I imagine you'll have some lectures a week, some tutorials/seminars and maybe a day off! It'll definitely seem a lot less than what you're used to.
Anyway, I'll get back with an update soon!
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
She said she had 15-20 hours a week: 12 lectures/seminars and then about 4 lectures for her minor (although she can't remember the exact number)
Charlotte
Advertisement
ioffedaniel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for this information!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.76%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (106)
55.5%
No (74)
38.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed