nataliaa566
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Any tips for AQA As Level Sociology??

Totally new subject for me and it's difficult to remember all the new information.
VintageAscot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there, I just completed my sociology A-level there in June with the new specification so my best advice would be to make mind maps on each topic as it really helps you visualise different theories and draw up comparison. Doing essay plans and learning off notes every week really helps as you then have information on standby when needed.
nataliaa566
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by VintageAscot)
Hi there, I just completed my sociology A-level there in June with the new specification so my best advice would be to make mind maps on each topic as it really helps you visualise different theories and draw up comparison. Doing essay plans and learning off notes every week really helps as you then have information on standby when needed.
Thanks!! Hope your exams went well
VintageAscot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nataliaa566)
Thanks!! Hope your exams went well
Thank you they did! Got into my first choice, but regardless I wish you the best of luck in your exams!
allie.moe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Reading up on a lot of articles about education or the health care system is a massive help. It would allow you to apply real life examples to to your essays and would give you a bit of an edge. Also practise writing out essays using PEELE.

Follow this pattern for all your 30 20 and 10 mark essays
P oint

E xplanation

E vidence

L ink

E valuation

For 6 and 4 markers, you only need to give a point and either an explanation or an example.

I can't emphasise how important exam technique is with sociology. you must be consistent, and the only way to achieve that is to practice writing out these essays. you could also ask your teacher to mark them for you and tell you your areas of weakness
imfromjamalia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys, in case you wanted a sociology website with all the notes for every sociology topic ranging from AS to A2, I have attached the link below.
This is a website that I created with my own personal notes that I had typed up last year when I took the sociology exams.
I hope that many of you can benefit from my website and increase your grades, just like I did

https://aqasociologyrevisionblog.wordpre ss.com
wonderdream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nataliaa566)
Any tips for AQA As Level Sociology??

Totally new subject for me and it's difficult to remember all the new information.
AS doesn't exist anymore???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads