The Student Room Group

Forgot to declare AS in UCAS application

My UCAS application has been sent off to the universities. But I only just found out that I had to declare my AS in mathematics. I thought this wasnt needed as im taking A2 Mathematics. I scored 239UMS at AS which is a B and ive been predicted an A. What should I do? Does it matter? If it does, how do I inform my universities that I have achieved an AS in maths without looking bad?
Original post by Daniel00
My UCAS application has been sent off to the universities. But I only just found out that I had to declare my AS in mathematics. I thought this wasnt needed as im taking A2 Mathematics. I scored 239UMS at AS which is a B and ive been predicted an A. What should I do? Does it matter? If it does, how do I inform my universities that I have achieved an AS in maths without looking bad?

Ring UCAS.
Original post by Daniel00

You need to email the changes (all the details - dates, centre, exam board, subject, grade, qualification) to [email protected]

Once they confirm the addition then email your universities to let them know about the addition. It's not likely to make any difference to your offers but you need to make sure you've notified them IN WRITING so that they can't reject you on a technicality in August.

Original post by alleycat393
Ring UCAS.

why?
Original post by PQ

why?

So they can advise/make the changes? :s-smilie:
So they can advise/make the changes? :s-smilie:

They can't help over the phone - OP needs to follow the process explained on the UCAS website (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application ) and in the UCAS FAQ at the top of the forum and use qualsupport.
Original post by PQ
They can't help over the phone - OP needs to follow the process explained on the UCAS website (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application ) and in the UCAS FAQ at the top of the forum and use qualsupport.

Great. Thanks for letting them (and me) know :smile:
Reply 6
unis don't care about your AS (i did this and both my firm and insurance told me they dont care) but just let them know and they'll note it down
Great. Thanks for letting them (and me) know :smile:

no problem - UCAS phone lines aren't free so worth avoiding where possible!
Reply 8
Hi, I sent my application in November and have just decided to retake an AS unit exam. Should I call or email UCAS? Will I need to email each university individually? Thanks!
Original post by MX33
Hi, I sent my application in November and have just decided to retake an AS unit exam. Should I call or email UCAS? Will I need to email each university individually? Thanks!

Did you list modules on your application?
If so then you need to email [email protected] about the change and notify your universities when they update your records

But before that you need to speak to your school/college exams officer to ask whether the AS resit will be cashed in for A level grade only or for both A and AS level grade. Unless you know that then you can't notify UCAS about whate has changed.
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
Did you list modules on your application?
If so then you need to email [email protected] about the change and notify your universities when they update your records

But before that you need to speak to your school/college exams officer to ask whether the AS resit will be cashed in for A level grade only or for both A and AS level grade. Unless you know that then you can't notify UCAS about whate has changed.

Thanks! No, I didn't list any modules on my application. Will this make it more difficult to notify?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MX33
Thanks! No, I didn't list any modules on my application. Will this make it more difficult to notify?

It means that you only need to notify a change if your exams officer says that they are recertifying your AS.
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
It means that you only need to notify a change if your exams officer says that they are recertifying your AS.

Okey, thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest