Nally
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have to prepare a 'short' presentation about something I have done with pupils in school as part of my upcoming interview and I'm a bit unsure of what to discuss. I had been thinking about discussing working with 2 pupils outside of the main classroom in writing poetry about clouds?

I took them outside and we looked at the sky and I asked them to come up with some adjectives to do with clouds and then we went and made a big spider diagram of their words and it gave them a good jumping off point to write their poems.

I'm just not sure if it is a bit.... lacking? Any ideas?!
Vics
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
creativity is a fairly big issue and I guess you could say by taking them outside you were trying to inspire them.
santogold
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
I like your idea and you should do that. What were your intentions, ask yourself if it worked? See how you can use your findings to use with all students for example!

Writing is one thing, but getting ideas is another. I really like your approach.
Nally
Rep:
?
Hi, thanks for the replies I finally got all the bumph through from Chichester and I only have to talk for five minutes rather than the 20 or so I had been imagining so am feeling a lot more positive about the cloud stuff! I don't know if it is just me but the paperwork regarding the interview seems to give me the impression that the interview is just a formality before giving me an offer..... I am still going to prepare my bottom off though!

:cool:
eden
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
from what i what i was told at my interview the interview is partly just too see what your presentation style is like - to see if you could stand up in front of a class (even though there wont be a class at your interview!) so be confident etc, and dont talk too fast. Prepare what you're going to say, and that sounds like an intereesting thing to talk about.

They also want to see you've had some experience in school - and haveing done something creative liek that should be seen well, and is probably a bit different. Also dont just talk about twhat you did (i.e. the standing outside), but what the pupils learnt from it, and how it enhanced their learning etc. They may also ask you a couple of questions after.

A good idea is to practise in front of a friend, and get them to ask any questions after, or record yourself doing the presentation, and listen back to it.

Good luck with the presentation. Only other advice i can offer is make sure you are up to speed with current issue s - through the tes, the bbc (click on news, then education), and teachers tv news (www.teachers.tv).

Good luck for the interviuew, eden.
Nally
Rep:
?
Hi Eden,

Thanks for the reply :-) From your post it sounds like you had an interview there too? I'm a bit confused as in the official stuff it doesn't mention a maths test yet I was expecting one so am a bit lost! I think I'm going to keep preparing for a maths test just in case though!

x x
eden
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi - well i had an interview somewhere else. But we had to do a presentation and stuff, so it was pretty similar. I think it would tell you if you had to do a maths test. I think you should ring them and ask so that your not spending time preparing for something you dont need to.

Eden
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads