The Student Room Group

Forced to do something which I don't feel confortable doing

I am 16 years old and go to school, i'm in year 11. I have experienced family issues the has few months and now school have withdrawn me from my GCSE Mocks to help my stress levels. They have asked me to stay in a environment where I feel pressured to be and forced to stay there until the end of the day.

If I feel uncomfortable, pressurised and feel forced to stay there, can I legally leave without getting in trouble. I feel as if I could leave due to them keeping me there unlawfully and at the end of it
I do not feel comfortable in the environment I have been placed in
Where are they asking you to be? You can leave - they won't physically restrain you but you need to learn to deal with things. If they're not asking for anything crazy just deal with it - at least they said you don't have to do the mocks.
Original post by Anonymous
I am 16 years old and go to school, i'm in year 11. I have experienced family issues the has few months and now school have withdrawn me from my GCSE Mocks to help my stress levels. They have asked me to stay in a environment where I feel pressured to be and forced to stay there until the end of the day.

If I feel uncomfortable, pressurised and feel forced to stay there, can I legally leave without getting in trouble. I feel as if I could leave due to them keeping me there unlawfully and at the end of it
I do not feel comfortable in the environment I have been placed in

What environment is this? Do you mean school in general? If so, unfortunately you can't really just walk out and refuse to go back. Your parents could end up in trouble for that. Perhaps sit down with someone at school and talk to them about your needs and what is going well, what would help, and what could be improved. It sounds like they've tried to help by taking down the amount of stressful things put on you, so I think they will be willing to have a discussion about what more they could be doing with you

Quick Reply

Latest