The Student Room Group

Nerves when taking driving lessons

I’ve started taking driving lessons at 60 but feel quite nervous when I take them my friend suggested I take a 5mg of dieazpame to calm my nerves but not sure when I should take it my lesson is at 3.15 but not sure when to take it
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve started taking driving lessons at 60 but feel quite nervous when I take them my friend suggested I take a 5mg of dieazpame to calm my nerves but not sure when I should take it my lesson is at 3.15 but not sure when to take it

its perfectly normal to feel nervous when starting to learn a new thing. I would suggest not taking anything before your lesson. Your instructor will understand you being nervous if they're any good. You'll become more confident as you get more experience driving.
Don't drive if you require Valium to do so. Whilst this is allowed, if you are even slightly over a prescribed dosage; you are essentially driving whilst unfit and that itself actually illegal (as per new drug-driving legislation from Mar 2015) - side effects also include dizziness, confusion and shakiness. It's not safe.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest