social clubs at uni? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Looking forward to uni, but most likely living at home so I'm not going to be on campus & I'm thinking of other ways to meet people... are there any clubs that are standard at most unis or are clubs not really a thing? (sorry I can't be more specific than "unis", but I haven't even gotten all my offers back yet. I've got no clue where I'm going)
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Every uni will have dozens of clubs and societies, there'll be no shortage of them.
Teesside University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Looking forward to uni, but most likely living at home so I'm not going to be on campus & I'm thinking of other ways to meet people... are there any clubs that are standard at most unis or are clubs not really a thing? (sorry I can't be more specific than "unis", but I haven't even gotten all my offers back yet. I've got no clue where I'm going)
Wherever you end up going it's really likely that you'll find lots of clubs and societies on offer (usually through the university's students' union). Often there'll be lots of sport-based clubs, everything from football to trampolining, and often sports like snowboarding, surfing etc too (depending on the region and facilities of the uni you go to). There's usually also a range of other clubs and societies - specific interest stuff, hobby type clubs, faith clubs, subject-specific clubs - whatever your interest you're pretty much guaranteed to find a club for it. And if you can't, you can usually set one of your own up . I'd recommend searching for the students' unions of the unis you've applied to and having a look on their websites - you'll find loads of society info there!

Best of luck with it all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (212)
53.13%
No (187)
46.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed