The Student Room Group

Edexcel d1 ial jan 2018

Ma?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Was so bad. Especially the route inspection just left it out completely no idea what to do there. I think I'm going to lose 2-3 marks on rest of paper. Hopefully full ums is 67/68 out of 75. Too long imo.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
what was ur answer for 2nd linear programming part B? how many milshakes was the max and min
Reply 3
Original post by Akhil0305
what was ur answer for 2nd linear programming part B? how many milshakes was the max and min

um i just used y = 0 and y = max value of y from the previous part a

got 550 and like 111 or something
Reply 4
ok weird i got 40 and 375 cuz u had to derive it from the inequalities u made right?
Reply 5
ok weird i got 40 and 375 cuz u had to derive it from the inequalities u made right?

did u at least get K > 1.2 for the first linear programming ques
Reply 6
i didnt do that part. What was ur optimal point tho?
Reply 7
i didnt do that part. What was ur optimal point tho?

(15/14 , 45/14)
Reply 8
was it maxmise or minimize?
Reply 9
Max
Even i got K>1.2
Reply 11
what did u guys get for the shortest route and length for the dijkstra question? was it 48??
Reply 12
Original post by a291999
what did u guys get for the shortest route and length for the dijkstra question? was it 48??

46 or 56
Reply 13
i got 56 for part A
Reply 14
for chinese postman what was the start and end node you put for part A?
Reply 15
for chinese postman what was the start and end node you put for part A?

G and K
Reply 16
Original post by yalcton
46 or 56

ya 46 thats what i meant
Original post by yalcton
um i just used y = 0 and y = max value of y from the previous part a

got 550 and like 111 or something

Bro you sure. I just left it out completely. I had no idea what to do. Also, was that question 3 possible (dijkstra's)?
Original post by a291999

Arghhh. That was a ****. I literally ran out of time cuz of this. I never saw one like that before in my life. After I finished all the boxes, I was shocked to know that the final value was actually smaller than when I filled it acording to the algorithm. I don't even know if the question is possible. Maybe edexcel's mistake.
Linear programming 1st question. Anyone who was sure about their answer? Also Question 8 last part. The one which said determine if this route is critical and why? What's the solution.

Quick Reply

Latest