The Student Room Group

Typical days/hours for mature students doing A levels

Hello fellows. I am planning to enrol on September to a college to take 3 A levels (maths, further maths and physics) and I was wondering how a typical day is structured. I will probably end up commuting to Oxford, as local colleges are all Six Form and I need to have a rough idea of what to do with my kids. They are very young and one will be at school, while the other one at nursery so I may need to have a childminder to pick them up. What is a typical timeframe of classes for a student taking 3 A levels?
It will vary from one college to another - why don't you email the colleges you are considering applying to, because they will be able to give you far more specific and relevant information.
Reply 2
I am waiting for responses regarding accepting me and I will obviously ask when I decide which I will go with. But I was wondering from personal experience to see some examples from students. I appreciate the fact that one college could dramatically differ from the other, so if someone has experience either as a mature student or as a student at a college in Oxford, it would be even more useful.

Quick Reply

Latest