Idk what is wrong with me

Watch
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I used to never give up, and I used to like being a hard working person. But now I have 0 drive in my life, 0 goals, nothing there is literally nothing I can go for. Somethings wrong with me

E.g. today I had the whole day off school. Guess what I have done? Stayed in bed till 11 and ate subway lol.

I used to go into school to study even during my frees.

I am ****ed
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has something happened in your life that could have triggered this? Or was it a more gradual decline in interest that you can’t explain?

From what you’ve written, it’s possible you’re experiencing depression. I doubt that’s the answer you’re looking for, but i’ll add a few links that you can check out if you want more info. There’s no shame in this, the important thing is to recognise it and get help asap so you can pull yourself up and start enjoying life again.

https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...ms/depression/

https://www.rethink.org/diagnosis-tr...t/crisis-teams
username1292215
Rep:
?
(Original post by cat_mac)
Has something happened in your life that could have triggered this? Or was it a more gradual decline in interest that you can’t explain?

From what you’ve written, it’s possible you’re experiencing depression. I doubt that’s the answer you’re looking for, but i’ll add a few links that you can check out if you want more info. There’s no shame in this, the important thing is to recognise it and get help asap so you can pull yourself up and start enjoying life again.

https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...ms/depression/

https://www.rethink.org/diagnosis-tr...t/crisis-teams
Idk, I feel like just in general year 13 my work ethic was low, but I was really trying my best (does this sentence even make sense lol). THen I got rejected pre-interview by Oxford and despite getting over it I think it got worse, especially as I just don't feel like wanting to go to uni because I don't have any goal.
username2895894
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Idk, I feel like just in general year 13 my work ethic was low, but I was really trying my best (does this sentence even make sense lol). THen I got rejected pre-interview by Oxford and despite getting over it I think it got worse, especially as I just don't feel like wanting to go to uni because I don't have any goal.
Hey,listen, is not depression, is you either lost interest or you are not motivated anymore due to the rejection and this is becoming worse and it will eventually turn into actual depression. I had a phase just like this,you just need to find a motivation for work hard of you(is harder than it sound since my body after a while become lazier😶). And if you can't find something that can motivate you right now, try to force yourself to try different hobby, just to make you overall happy.
okurr123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you’ve only missed one day then I don’t think it’s a huge deal, but if you’ve been having loads of days off due to lack of motivation then it could be quite serious. Maybe talk to your school about it or if you think it’s because of depression then see your doctor.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Feeling kinda like hopelessness a bit? I had that from my A Level exams through until about November/December. I just needed a nice long break from using my brain too much.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
I used to never give up, and I used to like being a hard working person. But now I have 0 drive in my life, 0 goals, nothing there is literally nothing I can go for. Somethings wrong with me

E.g. today I had the whole day off school. Guess what I have done? Stayed in bed till 11 and ate subway lol.

I used to go into school to study even during my frees.

I am ****ed
Sounds like a lack of motivation possibly due to too much stress. This happens to many.

I'd recommend giving yourself some time for yourself every week (at least 2 days a week without studying) to do things you find fun for the whole day, and ensuring you're going outside and not being indoors everyday.
username1292215
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Sounds like a lack of motivation possibly due to too much stress. This happens to many.

I'd recommend giving yourself some time for yourself every week (at least 2 days a week without studying) to do things you find fun for the whole day, and ensuring you're going outside and not being indoors everyday.
(Original post by 04MR17)
Feeling kinda like hopelessness a bit? I had that from my A Level exams through until about November/December. I just needed a nice long break from using my brain too much.
The Christmas holiday was my break, I didn't do any work pretty much and went out with friends a few times . Still feel the same
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The Christmas holiday was my break, I didn't do any work pretty much and went out with friends a few times . Still feel the same
The Christmas holiday is 2.5 weeks. I needed 6 months. I don't know what you're suffering from since I am not qualified to give you a diagnosis, I'm just sharing my experience in the hope that is helps you and others reading this, and I really hope you improve.:console:

And I'm going to reply to your PM very shortly, I was too tired last night, apologies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed