The Student Room Group

Student bills

I have decided that I will be living by myself for my third year of university in a one bedroom downstairs flat

I live in Manchester and my rent does not include bills (water/electricity/gas/internet) I was wondering how much I should be expecting to pay for these so I can budget my allowance :smile:
Original post by _emily27
I have decided that I will be living by myself for my third year of university in a one bedroom downstairs flat

I live in Manchester and my rent does not include bills (water/electricity/gas/internet) I was wondering how much I should be expecting to pay for these so I can budget my allowance :smile:

Internet can be between £20-40, you'll need a tv licence at £147 a year (you can pay this monthly but it's a strange arrangment where they won't let you pay in equal amounts), gas and electric could be £20-30 each i recon.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Internet can be between £20-40, you'll need a tv licence at £147 a year (you can pay this monthly but it's a strange arrangment where they won't let you pay in equal amounts), gas and electric could be £20-30 each i recon.

Thank you, the agency I'm with offer a bills inclusive package for £20 a week on top of my rent but they advised me not to get it because I wouldn't use the full amount each month. But from the prices I've been getting it seems to be that will work out cheaper
Original post by _emily27
Thank you, the agency I'm with offer a bills inclusive package for £20 a week on top of my rent but they advised me not to get it because I wouldn't use the full amount each month. But from the prices I've been getting it seems to be that will work out cheaper

If it includes the internet and tv licence £80 sounds like it could potentially be less.

Quick Reply

Latest