Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fools :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol you're joking about that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasdagaga)
    People, if you are not applying to Oxbridge- YOU CAN NOT APPLY TO 6 (BRITISH) UNIVERSITIES.

I am surprised by how many people think you can apply to 6 unis.

Do americans understand irony yet? I sure hope so...

ReputationRep:
    People, if you are not applying to Oxbridge- YOU CAN NOT APPLY TO 6 (BRITISH) UNIVERSITIES.

erm, yes you can!

ReputationRep:
    thats strange...I did...

although I see you are from california - different rules perhaps apply to overseas applicants?

But to reassure those british applicants who are now panicking - 6 unis is your maximum

ReputationRep:
    You can only apply to one out of Oxford and Cambridge.
    You can only apply for four Medicine and Vetinary Science Courses.

But you can always apply for six universities.

Of course, if you only apply to one its only £5!

ReputationRep:
    I take it Queens' Belfast is a British university?

ReputationRep:
    yup Queen's is classed as in Britain, as are other Northern Irish Uni's (Don't know about any in the republic of ireland)

ReputationRep:
    You Can Apply To Six.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: ignore the below post, I was rather stupid/careless myself and missed out the first "not" when reading the thread

From the title of the thread, I am thinking that the OP might be trying to say that it isn't possible to applying for six universities plus Oxford/Cambridge (i.e. seven in all) -- however that seems obvious (although the separate application forms for Oxbridge could cause some slight confusion), and it still leaves the content of the post wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    From the title of the thread, I am thinking that the OP might be trying to say that it isn't possible to applying for six universities plus Oxford/Cambridge (i.e. seven in all) -- however that seems obvious (although the separate application forms for Oxbridge could cause some slight confusion), and it still leaves the content of the post wrong.
    'People, if you are not applying to Oxbridge- YOU CAN NOT APPLY TO 6 (BRITISH) UNIVERSITIES. '

I think that means unless you apply to Oxbridge you cant apply to 6 Universities/ If you apply to Oxbridge you can apply to 6 Universities. She is pretty much saying applying to Oxbridge is a prerequisite to applying to 6 Universities.

what a silly and misinformed thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    what a silly and misinformed thread!
    heh, makes me chuckle

ReputationRep:

Stop typing rubbish. I applied to SIX British Universities for sept/oct 2004 entry ie i applied last year and none of my chosen universities were Oxbridge!

Count it for yourself:
    1.Imperial
    2.UCL
    3.Warwick
    4.Nottingham
    5.Bath
    6.Kings

Oh yes and I got offers from every uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic XXX)
    Didn't apply to LSE?
    Oh yeah, gosh I should have applied to a social science College for computer sciences :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niusyla)
    yup Queen's is classed as in Britain, as are other Northern Irish Uni's (Don't know about any in the republic of ireland)
    It's just having read about stuff on NI like the GFA and the ability to be Irish or British and yet you can be British in terms of nationality but NI is not part of Britain, but the United Kingdom. Then I hear people class NI as Irish, which I certainly don't. I'd guess the ROI would just be plain Irish

I've wondered, if Irish students applied to a British university then they should pay the same amount as someone from another EU country like Germany and certain not the same as the British?

ReputationRep:
    Not a social science college, but the social science college.
    Gnostic, what do you study at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I've wondered, if Irish students applied to a British university then they should pay the same amount as someone from another EU country like Germany and certain not the same as the British?
    Everyone from the EU pays the same. Even the British. (As far as I know)

ReputationRep:
    Guess.
    Gay studies?
    Fagonomics?
    Queerology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Everyone from the EU pays the same. Even the British. (As far as I know)
    Ah it's just different with my college then

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.