chloemilne
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
has anyone applied to dundee uni for nursing? i have applied for both chld and adult and have an interview for both any tips?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello:hi:

You can follow the links in this thread to find other nursing applicants:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5119960

And the Dundee applicants thread is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4948072

Don't know anything about nursing interviews but hopefully someone will come along and help you out now that you're in the Nursing and Midwifery forum.

Best of luck.:thumbsup:
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chloemilne)
has anyone applied to dundee uni for nursing? i have applied for both chld and adult and have an interview for both any tips?
We have a brand new interview advice article here which should be of use to you. You can find it here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5084328

If the interview is the same as it was when I applied, it's a multiple mini interview with several different stations and very different tasks or topics to discuss at each. I found it to be quite a good format as you're assessed by 5-6 different people, so it is probably as fair as it can be. Admittedly, this was quite a few years ago now so it may have changed since.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
We have a brand new interview advice article here which should be of use to you. You can find it here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5084328

If the interview is the same as it was when I applied, it's a multiple mini interview with several different stations and very different tasks or topics to discuss at each. I found it to be quite a good format as you're assessed by 5-6 different people, so it is probably as fair as it can be. Admittedly, this was quite a few years ago now so it may have changed since.
:gah:

I love that thread/article. Will shamelessly steal the idea for my own forum too.
Kirsten1026
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh when is your interview?

I've applied for Mental Health nursing and just got my email through for interview on Friday. I am so nervous for it but I have one for RGU the week before it as well.
chloemilne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kirsten1026)
Oh when is your interview?

I've applied for Mental Health nursing and just got my email through for interview on Friday. I am so nervous for it but I have one for RGU the week before it as well.
I have my adult at Dundee today, child at Dundee on the 12th and adult and child at rgu on the 17th! well done! im so nervous but hopefully be fine once I get there
Kirsten1026
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did it go? What's the process at Dundee like? My interview is the 13th for Dundee and 5th for RGU. I am terrified!
chloemilne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kirsten1026)
How did it go? What's the process at Dundee like? My interview is the 13th for Dundee and 5th for RGU. I am terrified!
Honestly was so much better and easier than I expected, they do 5 mini interviews but it’s quite simple, honestly nothing to worry about! Only lasted an hour and a bit!
Adultnursing18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly was so much better and easier than I expected, they do 5 mini interviews but it’s quite simple, honestly nothing to worry about! Only lasted an hour and a bit!
When did u have your interview? I had mine at the start of the week and don’t know when I will hear back. Have they got back to you yet?
chloemilne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adultnursing18)
When did u have your interview? I had mine at the start of the week and don’t know when I will hear back. Have they got back to you yet?
I had mine on Monday 22nd, I read on the dundee website they’re going to do offers as of mid Feb so I’m just waiting till then
Adultnursing18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had mine on Monday 22nd, I read on the dundee website they’re going to do offers as of mid Feb so I’m just waiting till then
I had mine then too! How did you find it?
chloemilne
Rep:
?
I had mine then too! How did you find it?
i was in the 12.45 slot, it was not as bad as I expected and quite informal which made me not as nervous, I can’t tell what they thought though
Adultnursing18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i was in the 12.45 slot, it was not as bad as I expected and quite informal which made me not as nervous, I can’t tell what they thought though
Hopefully we find out soon! 😃
MarsA7X
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do they do any maths?
chloemilne
Rep:
?
(Original post by MarsA7X)
Do they do any maths?
Not in mine no
chbxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When did you apply? I've also applied for both but still waiting to hear back, getting slightly nervous now!
chloemilne
Rep:
?
(Original post by chbxo)
When did you apply? I've also applied for both but still waiting to hear back, getting slightly nervous now!
I applied at the start of December!
Adultnursing18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hopefully we find out soon! 😃
Have you heard anything from Dundee? This waiting is killing me 😞
Kelly McQuillan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my interview is on the 8th of March so nervous.. is it really as bad as it seems?
Adultnursing18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kelly McQuillan)
my interview is on the 8th of March so nervous.. is it really as bad as it seems?
Hey! I had my interview last month and I thought it went really well and just received my offer last week! I thought it was very relaxing and everyone was so friendly, just be yourself and there is nothing to worry about. Good luck 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads