dcencima
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i got 21 in my micro exam not sure what i got for macro any tips for writing them essays both macro and micro wanna get 24/25 marks on them
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dcencima)
i got 21 in my micro exam not sure what i got for macro any tips for writing them essays both macro and micro wanna get 24/25 marks on them
https://www.economicshelp.org/shop/
puffyisgood
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
get good at evaluation.
TehLurd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Generally speaking. Be concise and get to the point - there is little to gain from waffling in an economics essay.

- Spend 5 minutes or so planning a consistent structure so you can get your argument across! Spending time to plan will save you time later in the essay!
- Start with a short introduction or definition (if applicable).
- Put your arguments forward in order of importance.
- Before evaluating and discussing the implications you should really ask why. If it is a policy question, why would the government want to do that? etc
- Use diagrams when applicable. When diagrams are used, clearly label them and make them reference to them in the text. There is no gain from drawing a diagram if you do not make reference to it. Remember that a diagram can speak many words so use them wisely!
- Try to bring in wider economic discussion when relevant but keep this to the point. For instance, does the question relate to anything which has happened in recent times. You might be able to bring in discussion of articles from the economist or FT etc. (if known)

Doing little things right can pick up easy marks. If you have any essays that you've got typed up, feel free to send them over and I'll try give some feedback!
dcencima
Rep:
?
i try to evalaute throughout i got to band 5 i think
too poor lol

(Original post by puffyisgood)
get good at evaluation.
(Original post by TehLurd)
Generally speaking. Be concise and get to the point - there is little to gain from waffling in an economics essay.

- Spend 5 minutes or so planning a consistent structure so you can get your argument across! Spending time to plan will save you time later in the essay!
- Before evaluating and discussing the implications you should really ask why. If it is a policy question, why would the government want to do that? etc
- Use diagrams when applicable. When diagrams are used, clearly label them and make them reference to them in the text. There is no gain from drawing a diagram if you do not make reference to it. Remember that a diagram can speak many words so use them wisely!
- Try to bring in wider economic discussion when relevant but keep this to the point. For instance, does the question relate to anything which has happened in recent times. You might be able to bring in discussion of articles from the economist or FT etc. (if known)

Doing little things right can pick up easy marks. If you have any essays that you've got typed up, feel free to send them over and I'll try give some feedback!
thank you i appreciate the advice when i have an essay i will be sure to do it thanks for the advice ill make sure to implement it all what board are u doing for econ btw
dcencima
Rep:
?

also found out what i got in macro now 20/25 any different advice for macro
TehLurd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
also found out what i got in macro now 20/25 any different advice for macro
Hmm I would say the same advice applies to Macro. The essays will follow pretty much the same structure.

20/25 is a good score. You will probably only need to adjust a few little things to get those extra marks. If you have the time, try and discuss it with your teacher - they should be able to exactly identify what you need to do!

thank you i appreciate the advice when i have an essay i will be sure to do it thanks for the advice ill make sure to implement it all what board are u doing for econ btw
I finished my a-levels 4 years ago, but I did do AQA Economics at the time!

Best of luck!
dcencima
Rep:
?
Hmm I would say the same advice applies to Macro. The essays will follow pretty much the same structure.

20/25 is a good score. You will probably only need to adjust a few little things to get those extra marks. If you have the time, try and discuss it with your teacher - they should be able to exactly identify what you need to do!

I finished my a-levels 4 years ago, but I did do AQA Economics at the time!

Best of luck!
oh right nice if u dont mind me asking what did u pick other than econ lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.93%
Excited but a bit nervous (141)
44.9%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.78%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.38%

Watched Threads