Strathclyde PGDE Interview 2018 Watch

amandathereze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi all,

I'm from Belfast, and currently just been given a date for my PGDE interview on the 6th. I'm currently going through the interview requirements and just wondering if anyone has any hints and tips?

Thanks
catwomanishere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
HiAre you doing primary or secondary? I'm just wondering because I'm waiting to hear back. Good luck with the interview!
amandathereze
Rep:
?
Primary! I'm sure you will hear back soon!! Fingers crossed for you!
catwomanishere
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by amandathereze)
Primary! I'm sure you will hear back soon!! Fingers crossed for you!
Aww thanks! I applied for secondary. Hoping 2018 will be a happy and successful year for both of us in Scotland!
RosieEcilo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys, I went for mine on the 12th for secondary, I can't even begin to tell you how it went. I was so nervous and it went ion so fast. I'm still waiting to hear back myself. main thing is to be prepared and read up on everything! let me know how you get on guys. Lets hope 2018 is our year x
catwomanishere
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by RosieEcilo)
Hi guys, I went for mine on the 12th for secondary, I can't even begin to tell you how it went. I was so nervous and it went ion so fast. I'm still waiting to hear back myself. main thing is to be prepared and read up on everything! let me know how you get on guys. Lets hope 2018 is our year x
Well done on completing your interview! I'm sure you did way better than you thought. I know these things are always so nerve wracking. I know I would be shaking and fumbling for words if I was put on the spot.But I haven't even heard anything back yet! Did they ask subject knowledge? I'm currently swotting up on the Curriculum for Excellence because I'm from Ireland. I wish you the best of luck.
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by catwomanishere)
Well done on completing your interview! I'm sure you did way better than you thought. I know these things are always so nerve wracking. I know I would be shaking and fumbling for words if I was put on the spot.But I haven't even heard anything back yet! Did they ask subject knowledge? I'm currently swotting up on the Curriculum for Excellence because I'm from Ireland. I wish you the best of luck.
I had help from someone who has done the course and we did the same degree and he sent me loads and loads of hints and tips. I can send over all the notes but its for secondary. let me know. Thank you, they old me that they are still doing interviews for the next few weeks so I'm sure you will hear back soon. x
catwomanishere
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I had help from someone who has done the course and we did the same degree and he sent me loads and loads of hints and tips. I can send over all the notes but its for secondary. let me know. Thank you, they old me that they are still doing interviews for the next few weeks so I'm sure you will hear back soon. x
I'm doing secondary as well! That's great that you knew someone who did the course.I would actually be extremely grateful for any hints and tips or notes tbh! Is this your first time applying? This is my second time applying. I actually didn't even meet the requirements last year so I had to do Leaving Cert maths again! If I don't get an interview, I will still apply next year. Teaching is the only job I want to do. I really hope you hear good news very soon!!!!!
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by catwomanishere)
I'm doing secondary as well! That's great that you knew someone who did the course.I would actually be extremely grateful for any hints and tips or notes tbh! Is this your first time applying? This is my second time applying. I actually didn't even meet the requirements last year so I had to do Leaving Cert maths again! If I don't get an interview, I will still apply next year. Teaching is the only job I want to do. I really hope you hear good news very soon!!!!!
This is my first time applying yes, I would be happy to. I'm new to this so i dont know how to send stuff to just you, have you any idea? haha - thank you very much. I'm sure you will get an interview. what subject are you hoping to teach. I'm going to keep applying until I get in too just cause this is what I want to do with my life too. haha x
catwomanishere
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This is my first time applying yes, I would be happy to. I'm new to this so i dont know how to send stuff to just you, have you any idea? haha - thank you very much. I'm sure you will get an interview. what subject are you hoping to teach. I'm going to keep applying until I get in too just cause this is what I want to do with my life too. haha x
I'm hoping to teach Business even though it's probably fiercely competitive with limited places!.What's your subject? Perseverence always pays offYeah my friend always reminds me to never give up on something you really want! Eventually they'll have to let me in lol I'm new to this too. Aww thank you so much. I had to look it up too.

1. click on your inbox at the top of the page
2. click send new PM
3. to- catwomanishere
4. paste from word (there doesn't seem to be an attachment button)

If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it I don't want to bother you X
amandathereze
Rep:
?
Fingers crossed guys!! I'm stuck on what to do my presentation on, and trying to cram everything about scotlands education system. Any ideas on presentations? I was thinking of behaviour management in the classroom based on my experiences.

I'm stumped 😫
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RosieEcilo
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
has anyone had their interview for secondary and heard back yet?
AlbaCal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi Amanda! I´m doing the interview on the same day as you...any ideas about the presentation?
RosieReedy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi All

I have my interview next week (English - PGDE)
I was educated in England so obviously need to brush up on CfE knowledge.

I'm unsure what to focus on for my presentation though - should I try and tie it back to my subject or am I ok to be let it be unrelated?!

Also - for those who have had theirs - did the day last from 9am-12pm? I will be heading back to work so a heads up would be great! haha

Thanks
Dancar290
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys! I have my interview next Wednesday the 7th! I'm doing my presentation on my teaching experience so far.. Very nervous about the group discussion though as I'm from Ireland and amn't very familiar with the Scottish curriculum. Anybody else do the interview for Biology yet?
amandathereze
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlbaCal)
Hi Amanda! I´m doing the interview on the same day as you...any ideas about the presentation?
Hi! Woohoo I'm doing mine on behaviour management I used while teaching abroad, I've had to do that interview before so it's easy enough. Struggled linking it to scottish education, as the docs better relationships etc doesn't exactly give you much, compared to the Charlie Taylor checklist the schools use in NI
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JessMellis96
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys, I have an interview for pgde secondary history at Strath on the 8th. They've just asked me to come in for an individual interview for 15 minutes, did anyone else have this type of interview for the same course and if so what kind of things did they ask?
Mm1993
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard back from the interviews that were held yesterday?
Stodd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No! Though she did say only rejections were going out today. Fingers crossed
Mm1993
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Stodd)
No! Though she did say only rejections were going out today. Fingers crossed
I can’t stop checking my emails!! Hopefully we hear back soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads