The Student Room Group

Strathclyde PGDE Interview 2018

Scroll to see replies

I haven’t heard back yet for modern studies and that was held on the 12 of jan!! So if only rejections went out today you’re definitely in with a chance. I’ve got everything crossed. Every day I could cry waiting haha. Bad habit of constantly checking my phone every 5 minutes for the last 3 weeks. It actually gives me solice coming on this and knowing others are going through the same as me x
For the Strathclyde PGDE primary teaching interview, does anyone know what was included in the multiple choice questionnaire? Any help would be appreciated!
Don’t worry about that... it’s nothing to do with you getting in... it’s for research.. it’s basically scenarios and you have to put what you think :smile:
Original post by kristimcx
Don’t worry about that... it’s nothing to do with you getting in... it’s for research.. it’s basically scenarios and you have to put what you think :smile:

Okay, thank you I feel better now lol! Can I ask, what did you do for the presentation? I feel like I'm over thinking what I should pick.
I done health and well-being and I narrowed it down to shanarri and explained each indicator and linked in experience I have in the schools... :smile: don’t worry though people done things like their hobbies and stuff. It’s just to see what you are like as a person... the group discussion is the tough bit I think. I had two really confident people in my group and it was so tough to get a word in. Plus we only had 15 mins as we ran over on presentations so I’m scared I don’t get in now as we never got enough time :frown:
Aaaaa just a waiting game now.
I done health and well-being and I narrowed it down to shanarri and explained each indicator and linked in experience I have in the schools... :smile: don’t worry though people done things like their hobbies and stuff. It’s just to see what you are like as a person... the group discussion is the tough bit I think. I had two really confident people in my group and it was so tough to get a word in. Plus we only had 15 mins as we ran over on presentations so I’m scared I don’t get in now as we never got enough time :frown:
Aaaaa just a waiting game now.

AAh okay thank you again! I know, that part must be difficult. Did you do a lot of prep/reading for the group discussion? Last question I promise haha!
Yeah I done lots of prep... asking lots of teachers... just thinking of what links in to my experience and stuff .. and I had lots of documents and things from the head teacher I work with and just read through them all :smile:
It was so nerve racking but I think it’s maybe worse just waiting now on them getting back to me 🙈
Best of luck :smile: anything else feel free to ask. :smile:
Yeah I done lots of prep... asking lots of teachers... just thinking of what links in to my experience and stuff .. and I had lots of documents and things from the head teacher I work with and just read through them all :smile:
It was so nerve racking but I think it’s maybe worse just waiting now on them getting back to me 🙈
Best of luck :smile: anything else feel free to ask. :smile:

Thank you so much for all your help. Best of luck, I'm sure you did fab by the sounds of it! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by JenHenderson
For the Strathclyde PGDE primary teaching interview, does anyone know what was included in the multiple choice questionnaire? Any help would be appreciated!

It's not part of the selection process. It's a piece of research they are doing. Good luck with your interview.
That’s me now waiting nearly a month: hopefully no news is good news
Hopefully that’s what it means :smile: since they still have interviews going on . Maybe when all interviews are finished we will start to hear back.
Finally got an offer,
Only if I get a standard grade maths credit level pass or similar.....anyone care to help translate this one 😳
Reply 32
What kind of high school qualifications do you have? Standard grades were the first exams I sat (when I was 15) a credit pass would be an A or a B at that level. You would be able to do that by independently studying for the exam or doing it through a local college if you don't already have the qualification, student advice at Strathclyde will be able to point you in the right direction if you give them a call.

Hope that helps!

Congrats on the offer!

Original post by amandathereze
Finally got an offer,
Only if I get a standard grade maths credit level pass or similar.....anyone care to help translate this one 😳
Any modern studies folk heard back yet? ☺️
I applied for primary at strathclyde. I emailed the admin team and they said decisions will take place in early March. Has anyone applied for primary pgde at strathclyde and heard anything yet?
A month is nothing. I have been waiting since mid December
Original post by amandathereze
Finally got an offer,
you need to pass national 5 maths before being accepted
Reply 37
Original post by Ants2009
I applied for primary at strathclyde. I emailed the admin team and they said decisions will take place in early March. Has anyone applied for primary pgde at strathclyde and heard anything yet?

I had my interview at the start of February and still heard nothing! Glad to hear other people are the same. The waiting is awful!
I done my honours at strathclyde, they are notorious for being all over the place. Every other uni has let me know their decision, only strathclyde to go. I haven’t got the maths grade they want but currently sitting the course at night just now. that’s what I think will trip me up and not be accepted unfortunately. fingers crossed.
Hiya Ants - I spoke with admissions and they said alot of people are still under consideration so it will be a few weeks yet :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending