The Student Room Group

Bournemouth vs Portsmouth vs Southampton

I'm in my last year at school and my teachers have told my year to think about which universities we might want to study at in 2 1/2 years time so we have ideas and goals. I live in Dorset and I have Aspergers and anxiety so I want to study nearby. I'd like to go to either Bournemouth, Portsmouth or Southampton university because they all have courses I like the sound of, plus Bournemouth has links with my school, Southampton is in the Russel group and I have family in Portsmouth. Does anyone recommend any of these in particular from experience?
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by YouMadBro!
Southampton

That's what I was thinking but wasnt too sure. I have 2 years to decide but I'll definitely look into it!
Original post by rosewillow
I'm in my last year at school and my teachers have told my year to think about which universities we might want to study at in 2 1/2 years time so we have ideas and goals. I live in Dorset and I have Aspergers and anxiety so I want to study nearby. I'd like to go to either Bournemouth, Portsmouth or Southampton university because they all have courses I like the sound of, plus Bournemouth has links with my school, Southampton is in the Russel group and I have family in Portsmouth. Does anyone recommend any of these in particular from experience?

Don’t go to portsmouth it’s a **** hole.

Southampton is alright but need good grades
Reply 4
Original post by Liamw1998
Don’t go to portsmouth it’s a **** hole.

Southampton is alright but need good grades

Ok thanks!! I'm considering Southampton the most anyway
Ok thanks!! I'm considering Southampton the most anyway

Honestly I’ve been out in portsmouth a fair bit and been to the halls, absolute **** hole. Do not even consider it
What course are you looking to do?

Hi Rose

I'm a final year BSc Marketing student here at Bournemouth and can only recommend the University!

Firstly, I think its great how you're already being so proactive in starting to think about your choice of University.

Out of interest, what are the links that your school has with Bournemouth?

BU offers some real great help to those that require additional learning support (ALS).

If you'd like to come and get a feel for the University then be sure to book onto an open day.

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to get in touch.

- Dom B
Reply 8
Original post by BU Students
Hi Rose

I'm a final year BSc Marketing student here at Bournemouth and can only recommend the University!

Firstly, I think its great how you're already being so proactive in starting to think about your choice of University.

Out of interest, what are the links that your school has with Bournemouth?

BU offers some real great help to those that require additional learning support (ALS).

If you'd like to come and get a feel for the University then be sure to book onto an open day.

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to get in touch.

- Dom B

My school often has science days/trips and other events funded and hosted by BU and we've had students come in and show us presentations about university life and student finance. I'm quite interested in media and marketing myself which is one of the reasons I'm looking into BU :smile:
My school often has science days/trips and other events funded and hosted by BU and we've had students come in and show us presentations about university life and student finance. I'm quite interested in media and marketing myself which is one of the reasons I'm looking into BU :smile:

Hey Rose,

oh that's cool!

Bournemouth's renowned for its' media school and links to industry w(helping their students get a good placement!).

My Marketing course is the BSc (Bachelors of science) and that sits between the school of management/business and the media school so you get a real flavour for both which helps make the teaching very interesting.

For more info on the BSc Marketing course, check here: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-marketing
For more info on the various media courses, check here: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses-1

It's definitely worth booking onto an open day here to get a flavour of the courses you're looking into and to ultimately just get a flavour of where you could potentially be studying for the next few years! You can book onto an open-day, here: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/open-days

As I've previously mentioned, it's great to see that you've already started thinking about your prospective university - and hopefully this will help make your choice that bit easier!

Have a great day & let me know if you have any more queries :smile:

-Dom B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending