The Student Room Group

Anyone been to Reading Festival?

So I’m doing my GCSEs in the summer and am thinking about going to Reading Festival after. My friends are going (and have booked tickets) and are happy for me to join but I’m not sure if I want to go. Has anyone been if so what did you think of it? Also what is it like? Thanks much appreciated :smile:
Original post by bluemuffin
So I’m doing my GCSEs in the summer and am thinking about going to Reading Festival after. My friends are going (and have booked tickets) and are happy for me to join but I’m not sure if I want to go. Has anyone been if so what did you think of it? Also what is it like? Thanks much appreciated :smile:

It’s pretty good. Tons of under 18s though, maybe too many. Quite a lot of drugs. A lot of dust/dirt, don’t wear anything white. EXTREMELY sweaty in crowds, like you just jumped in a bath fully clothed (don’t wear anything white, dark sleeveless top is best), crowds can get pretty energetic; not really rowdy, more just lack of personal space. And also because of the dirt and dust you with undoubtably get some form of cough over the weekend and anything you spit out or blow out your nose will be black.

Fairly good festival though but wouldn’t say it was one of my favourites (always has a pretty good line up though)
Reply 2
Original post by Liamw1998
It’s pretty good. Tons of under 18s though, maybe too many. Quite a lot of drugs. A lot of dust/dirt, don’t wear anything white. EXTREMELY sweaty in crowds, like you just jumped in a bath fully clothed (don’t wear anything white, dark sleeveless top is best), crowds can get pretty energetic; not really rowdy, more just lack of personal space. And also because of the dirt and dust you with undoubtably get some form of cough over the weekend and anything you spit out or blow out your nose will be black.

Fairly good festival though but wouldn’t say it was one of my favourites (always has a pretty good line up though)

Thanks!
Went in 2015 after AS Levels. I can concur that there's a lot of under 18's (I was one). Definitely a lot of drugs, but from my own person experience it didn't cause that much of a problem. Do not take anything you'd be devastated getting dirty broken, or stolen. By the end of the weekend we'd lost half of our chairs.

After all the musics finished each evening, the Silent Disco is a pretty fun place to go to. If you do want to drink, be warned that they can be hot on people drinking in the arena and other areas like the silent disco. You're not allowed to take your own drinks into these places. Best thing to do is get drunk in camp first.

Oh and also expect to get festival flu afterwards
Reply 4
I'd sooner pull teeth, personally.
It is what you make of it. yes it can be druggy, but only if u do loads of drugs. people 5m away could be doing ket all day and u wouldnt notice bc theyd be the nicest guys ever. both times i have been have been the most insane weeks of my life so i fully recommend it. i think its worth paying that much mo ey just for the capsite banter alone, just even better if theres a sick lineup. music has been quite good and varied recently as well so lots of different things to lidten to. lineup hasnt been released this year but i have a sneaky feeling itll be sick bc glasto isnt on. but yh maddest thing ever, u should go
Reply 6
I went when I was 16 last year, yeah it's good mate. Me and my friends didn't even get our bags searched but I've heard different stories so maybe bring vodka in water bottles and ****. If you want to bring beer you can just chance it and if they take it off you, just buy more from the shops in town once you're in. When you're in the campsite, literally no-one cares wtf you do everyone is off their nut. One thing I would say is make sure you pack imodium because the last thing you want is diarrhea loool. That's what I got and it was the worst thing I had ever experienced. I ate basically nothing on the Friday yet that night I managed to excrete my entire insides out. Not only that, but I managed to squat on a patch of stinging nettles by accident and let's just say that wasn't very pleasant :biggrin: Other than that it was great though. Had to leave early because I was too ill though (I'll never forgive myself for missing eminem and muse FFS)

Quick Reply

Latest