The Student Room Group

Urgent a-level help

I have a clash between my 15 hour Art mock and English mock on my birthday. So I said to my art teacher I have an English mock on the day of art, so I obviously can't do two exams on the same day. So my art teacher emailed the exam officers twice and they rejected the idea of moving the art mock to the end of January. Saying I should either do my art mock all day for 5 hours and do my English afterschool, or do my art and leave it halfway and go straight into English, with no breaks or anything. So I went to the head of sixth form and the head of year 12 and she said she will change it, then I get an email saying how she and my art teacher think it is best I do the 1 hour whilst I am doing my 5 hour exam, and it is really getting on my nerves because I am going to these teachers to make them change it, but they think that is the best option!
Even the art teacher yesterday said it is not fair and ideal, and now even my friends are saying it is dumb and stupid and unfair on me.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
It's just a mock right? It doesn't count towards your overall grade and it's not the end of the world.
Original post by LeapingLucy
It's just a mock right? It doesn't count towards your overall grade and it's not the end of the world.

It counts toward my predicated grade and I struggle to move up to a B in english that is why I keep on gettings Ds, and C minus. Despite the hardwork and effort.
Realistically, I doubt it will affect your exam performance.

If you're ready and prepared for the English exam, then you'll do well, regardless of if you're doing it in the middle of art.

I think you're building it up into a bigger deal than it is. I've had to do several hours of exams in one go before (6 hours in a day) and I survived and did well.
if you do your 1 hour within the 5, then the 5 is now a 4 which is unfair as everyone else will get 5.
Original post by RuthieG101
if you do your 1 hour within the 5, then the 5 is now a 4 which is unfair as everyone else will get 5.

Whcih is why I would have to stay afterschool for an hour and do it.
if that's what it takes.
if you stay later you'll get your break.
before I changed my units I had 5 exams within 3 sessions. I would have had to take them one after the other with a 10 minute break in between. I was also not allowed to leave the exam hall.
It is easy to say if people haven't done art but I done a 10 hour exam and it was life draining.
Anyone else?
I did the 10 hour art exam in two 5 hour sessions when at school
Original post by RuthieG101
I did the 10 hour art exam in two 5 hour sessions when at school

So did I, that is why I know the 15 hour will kill me.
do they not have a spare mock paper you can do so it dosen't feel like you're gonna cheat if you do it another time , that's what i guy in my bio class did.

He was in hospital when the bio mock happened and he just did a different exam paper(ik not the same thing but the point still stands)

as your english teacher if there's another paper they can set up for you cause this seems unfair
Original post by Ray_Shadows
do they not have a spare mock paper you can do so it dosen't feel like you're gonna cheat if you do it another time , that's what i guy in my bio class did.

He was in hospital when the bio mock happened and he just did a different exam paper(ik not the same thing but the point still stands)

as your english teacher if there's another paper they can set up for you cause this seems unfair

They just said do it afterschool, nothing else, apart from move the whol english exam to another date. But that also wouldn't be fair on my class.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
They just said do it afterschool, nothing else, apart from move the whol english exam to another date. But that also wouldn't be fair on my class.

why woudnt it be fair on your class , who cares what they think
why woudnt it be fair on your class , who cares what they think

I mean they would understand, but I don't want to feel I am making a big deal out of it.
I mean they would understand, but I don't want to feel I am making a big deal out of it.

yeh well it's your future not theres , plus you don't have to tell them

and it would be petty of them to make a big deal since u have a genuine excuse
yeh well it's your future not theres , plus you don't have to tell them

and it would be petty of them to make a big deal since u have a genuine excuse

It is just annoying they want it all done in a week and on top of that it's not even a week it is a week and few days, so why can't they change it. I mean everyone knows you isolate art from our subjects and you don't put it on a day with other exams, it is always on an exam free day.
It is just annoying they want it all done in a week and on top of that it's not even a week it is a week and few days, so why can't they change it. I mean everyone knows you isolate art from our subjects and you don't put it on a day with other exams, it is always on an exam free day.

surely they have more respect that , what harms is giving you a day extra
It is the week before half-term so on that week it is just come in for your exam and go home and have a week off.

Quick Reply

Latest