Being a Lesbian at University

Watch
username2951492
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Evidently, from the title, I'm a lesbian and I've had some strange (i guess??) experiences while at university.
1. My flatmates are all heterosexual with boyfriends and they always ask me "if you're a lesbian why haven't you kissed a girl" (omg Karen you can't ask someone why they haven't kissed a girl) and their boyfriends always ask me what lesbian sex is like! Like for a start that's inappropriate and invasive, and I'm extremely socially awkward and have never had a girlfriend (came out a couple of years ago) so I wouldn't know!!
2. One of the most disappointing things is when you're talking to a girl who you fancy only to find out that they have a boyfriend or have said they're straight lmao
3. I had a girl (who in class is extremely bratty and obnoxious anyways) come up to me and say "I don't like people like you" and I had so many questions in my head, like "does she hate the fact that I'm gay?" "does she hate my personality??"The former is more likely but I was still shook. I might actually make another discussion about her because I despise her so much lmao
4. The Pride society is based at the city campus (I'm on a farm based campus in the middle of nowhere) and I really wanted to join but the bus fares are so expensive and they never put on any events at my campus, so it's really hard for me to find gay/bi/pan girls to be friends (and possibly more) with. This might actually be because I am a lech who is desperate for romantic interaction D:

let me know if you have some lesbian (or just LGBT+ in general) experiences! I would love to know if people are going through the same kind of things!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by paraqade)
Evidently, from the title, I'm a lesbian and I've had some strange (i guess??) experiences while at university.
1. My flatmates are all heterosexual with boyfriends and they always ask me "if you're a lesbian why haven't you kissed a girl" (omg Karen you can't ask someone why they haven't kissed a girl) and their boyfriends always ask me what lesbian sex is like! Like for a start that's inappropriate and invasive, and I'm extremely socially awkward and have never had a girlfriend (came out a couple of years ago) so I wouldn't know!!
2. One of the most disappointing things is when you're talking to a girl who you fancy only to find out that they have a boyfriend or have said they're straight lmao
3. I had a girl (who in class is extremely bratty and obnoxious anyways) come up to me and say "I don't like people like you" and I had so many questions in my head, like "does she hate the fact that I'm gay?" "does she hate my personality??"The former is more likely but I was still shook. I might actually make another discussion about her because I despise her so much lmao
4. The Pride society is based at the city campus (I'm on a farm based campus in the middle of nowhere) and I really wanted to join but the bus fares are so expensive and they never put on any events at my campus, so it's really hard for me to find gay/bi/pan girls to be friends (and possibly more) with. This might actually be because I am a lech who is desperate for romantic interaction D:

let me know if you have some lesbian (or just LGBT+ in general) experiences! I would love to know if people are going through the same kind of things!
Hi! I was reading through your post like 'wow horrible people' 'this is so me' then realised it seems we go to the same uni, so that's funny. I'm not a lesbian, but I'm bi, and I struggle meeting other girls so much. It's so hard to tell on nights out as well because all the girls are so friendly, and you'll be flirting away with them only to be introduced to their boyfriend.

The people you've experienced, like the bratty girl and your housemates, are pretty gross and there are SO many better people out there. I've had a few experiences like that, which I guess is just gonna be the case when you meet so many new people from all over the place with all different experiences, but yeah obviously they are in the wrong. I generally try to educate when that happens, but there's really only so much of it you can take.

I joined the Pride soc but haven't actually been to any events yet. I really want to but they all seem to know each other so well so it feels a bit weird showing up like 'hi I'm bi love me', even though I'm sure it wouldn't quite be like that. They do some events at Clifton, albeit smaller ones, so if the demand was there perhaps they'd get stuff going over in Brack too maybe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (93)
27.19%
England (112)
32.75%
Belgium (27)
7.89%
Germany (39)
11.4%
Spain (7)
2.05%