The Student Room Group

health and social care

have any of you guys done an apprenticeship in health and social care? or someone you know? question aimed at people who did it at aged 16-18...like how does it work? how many times do you go college in a week? can you do your apprenticeship work in a childrens care home? any advice or feedback would be great :biggrin: x
Original post by R.Lunat
have any of you guys done an apprenticeship in health and social care? or someone you know? question aimed at people who did it at aged 16-18...like how does it work? how many times do you go college in a week? can you do your apprenticeship work in a childrens care home? any advice or feedback would be great :biggrin: x

I'm currently undertaking a health and social care course though it is not an apprenticeship.

Anything I can assist with?
Original post by MiszShortee786
I'm currently undertaking a health and social care course though it is not an apprenticeship.

Anything I can assist with?

oh ok cool. um are you doing a BTEC course?
Original post by R.Lunat
oh ok cool. um are you doing a BTEC course?

Yes.
Yes.

so i'm guessing you have to do work experience aswell during the course right ? is there a chance of going into a childrens care home for that work experience? rather than old peoples care home. ( don't get me wrong I love old people but i'm interested in working with children)
Original post by R.Lunat
so i'm guessing you have to do work experience aswell during the course right ? is there a chance of going into a childrens care home for that work experience? rather than old peoples care home. ( don't get me wrong I love old people but i'm interested in working with children)

Yes my work experience was for a 100 hours which was 5 months in a nursery. We were free to chose where we wished to do work experience. Though it was compulsory to do it.
Yes my work experience was for a 100 hours which was 5 months in a nursery. We were free to chose where we wished to do work experience. Though it was compulsory to do it.

okay JazakAllahu khairan sis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending