Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I NEED help!
    My driving test is just under a week away and I'm losing sleep.

I have attempted my test twice before and failed.
    My third is now quickly approaching and I'm terrified. I've been losing sleep for 2 weeks now and its constantly making me sick stressed. Both tests before I was a trembling, hyperventilating mess who cried on her first test.

I need someone to help me think this through and help me out with nice things. I seriously need to pass because I live so far away from my home.

Please help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I failed the first six times from nerves, passed seventh time when I had a fresh perspective on life and felt much calmer.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa well I'm glad you finally passed! I just need to sort nerves out!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Moved to Learning to drive.

ReputationRep:
    You know I've failed my test 5 times and it's always nerves. I know it. If you can not make it a big deal in your head, then I guarantee you'll pass. Don't place too much pressure on yourself to pass. have in mind that even if you do fail, there's always the next time and driving is actually just about learning. Just think of it as an experience and you'll cruise right through. Sometimes when we want something so bad, it usually dosnt come to us that easy. Having said that if you have a calm head on the day, focus on the road not the end result. You'll be okay. I wish you all the best!

ReputationRep:
    wow that's the best advice I've had thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I lost a lot of sleep in the run-up to my test too, wasn't pleasant. When it actually happens though treat it like a driving lesson and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I actually joined to reply to this.

I took 3 times to pass, I didn’t fail the first two through nerves, I failed because I couldn’t drive safely for toffee. Even on the test I passed I was so nervous to the point I was sweating and had to turn the air con on, the poor examiner was freezing. I think the difference this time is I was actually ready and I was straight with her. I was like “Hey, I’m feeling super nervous so don’t worry about me if you see me sweating profusely or stumbling over my words when you talk to me” anyway, she was really sweet and did the best she could to put me at ease, not that it worked but it was a nice gesture. I think admitting how nervous I was kind of helped me to take back control of the situation rather than feeling silly about it for 45 minutes! Often people like to say “if you’re that nervous you shouldn’t be driving” and crap like that. Utter nonsense. There’s a difference between being nervous and being hesitant.

I also lost sleep, I’d be on this forum reading old posts for hours, in hindsight it’s so silly how much pressure I put on myself to pass and it didn’t mater how many times I told myself to not be nervous, it wasn’t that simple.

My only other recommendation is a banana before the test and rescue remedy chewing gum :-) and once you pass, get in your car and drive ASAP as the next step is getting used to driving on your own!

Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.