The Student Room Group

is it a girl thing??

I'll happily go out with a mate and a load of people I barely know and have a good time, or I'll meet people I used to go to school with (who I dont particularly like but have nothing against if that makes sense) and chat have a drink and a laugh etc. I'm not the most outgoing person (not too bad now really, but used to be a right recluse)

Every GIRL I've spoken to on the other hand will be like ''but I don't know them.'' or ''I hate her though'' or ''he's wierd, I dont want to go with them'' if a mates going out and invites them..

Is it a 'girl' thing to only go out if theres a majourity of their mates there?
Reply 1
No. But I'm not really a girl, I'm a grown up, so who knows.
Reply 2
No. I'll go out if I only know one person and there are loads of others I don't know.
Reply 3
It depends how drunk I am :p:
Reply 4
puppy
No. But I'm not really a girl, I'm a grown up, so who knows.

ok.. a ''FEMALE'' thing.. ah, PC these days lol
Reply 5
I go along if there's not many people I know going, but I won't feel comfortable doing it. It's not really a girl thing though, I think it's more about people feeling self-conscious or uncomfortable. Maybe the girls you hang out with just aren't comfortable putting themselves in that kind of situation...?
Reply 6
I do know many girls that only like going out if there is a large group, but I know just as many who don't care either way.
Reply 7
I have/had male friends like this.

I think it's just a general unsociableness thing.
Reply 8
No, it's just an immature thing. Seriously, no mature person would say stuff like that.
Reply 9
no it cant be just a 'girl thing' no one will go out with a bunch of people if they dont know ANY of them... will they? hmm are you talkin about swingers lol??
Reply 10
I wouldn't want to go out with people I don't like. A mate and their mates I barely know, sure. It makes sense though that attitude, particularly for quieter people who find it hard to get on with new people. They'd just end up left on the sidelines.
I used to say things like that cos I was anxious about being left alone in a crowd of people who all knew each other but now I just throw myself into it and it usually turns out ok
Not really. On the rare occassion I go out at home its with my 2 best friends. Though I do know that others (more popular!) do want to go somewhere everyone they know are. Which makes sense.

Here I'd just go out with bf and maybe another of his friends or something...
nah tis not a girl thing... I for one wouldn't go out if I don't know at least one person there. But some of my friends are quite outgoing and don't mind.
Reply 14
I think it might be partially a girl thing... but I think that's because generally girls are more self-conscious. Also, and I don't mean everyone because I can only go on the experience of my friends, girls tend to be a lot more picky about who they like and don't like. It's something I'm trying to counter in myself..! Maybe it's competition as well if there are other girls there.
Reply 15
When your out by yourself your forced to be more outgoing because otherwise you dont know anyone! You tend to meet more new people if your out alone than you do if your with a big group of mates, or even a smaller group of mates.
Reply 16
jaw
ok.. a ''FEMALE'' thing.. ah, PC these days lol

It's not about being PC, it's about not acting like a kid.
I'd say yes. Girls generally seem to be a little more insecure than guys.
Reply 18
i love going out with people i dont really know
LOL I used to be like that until I became more outgoing!!

Latest

Trending

Trending