is it a girl thing?? Watch

jaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'll happily go out with a mate and a load of people I barely know and have a good time, or I'll meet people I used to go to school with (who I dont particularly like but have nothing against if that makes sense) and chat have a drink and a laugh etc. I'm not the most outgoing person (not too bad now really, but used to be a right recluse)

Every GIRL I've spoken to on the other hand will be like ''but I don't know them.'' or ''I hate her though'' or ''he's wierd, I dont want to go with them'' if a mates going out and invites them..

Is it a 'girl' thing to only go out if theres a majourity of their mates there?
puppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No. But I'm not really a girl, I'm a grown up, so who knows.
JessicaW
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
No. I'll go out if I only know one person and there are loads of others I don't know.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends how drunk I am :p:
jaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
No. But I'm not really a girl, I'm a grown up, so who knows.
ok.. a ''FEMALE'' thing.. ah, PC these days lol
laced
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I go along if there's not many people I know going, but I won't feel comfortable doing it. It's not really a girl thing though, I think it's more about people feeling self-conscious or uncomfortable. Maybe the girls you hang out with just aren't comfortable putting themselves in that kind of situation...?
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do know many girls that only like going out if there is a large group, but I know just as many who don't care either way.
HawkAhriman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have/had male friends like this.

I think it's just a general unsociableness thing.
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, it's just an immature thing. Seriously, no mature person would say stuff like that.
Kaysian
Report 11 years ago
no it cant be just a 'girl thing' no one will go out with a bunch of people if they dont know ANY of them... will they? hmm are you talkin about swingers lol??
Meliae
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't want to go out with people I don't like. A mate and their mates I barely know, sure. It makes sense though that attitude, particularly for quieter people who find it hard to get on with new people. They'd just end up left on the sidelines.
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to say things like that cos I was anxious about being left alone in a crowd of people who all knew each other but now I just throw myself into it and it usually turns out ok
Sprockette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not really. On the rare occassion I go out at home its with my 2 best friends. Though I do know that others (more popular!) do want to go somewhere everyone they know are. Which makes sense.

Here I'd just go out with bf and maybe another of his friends or something...
wackysparkle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nah tis not a girl thing... I for one wouldn't go out if I don't know at least one person there. But some of my friends are quite outgoing and don't mind.
urgh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it might be partially a girl thing... but I think that's because generally girls are more self-conscious. Also, and I don't mean everyone because I can only go on the experience of my friends, girls tend to be a lot more picky about who they like and don't like. It's something I'm trying to counter in myself..! Maybe it's competition as well if there are other girls there.
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When your out by yourself your forced to be more outgoing because otherwise you dont know anyone! You tend to meet more new people if your out alone than you do if your with a big group of mates, or even a smaller group of mates.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
ok.. a ''FEMALE'' thing.. ah, PC these days lol
It's not about being PC, it's about not acting like a kid.
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd say yes. Girls generally seem to be a little more insecure than guys.
gLace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i love going out with people i dont really know
Goddess Fury
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
LOL I used to be like that until I became more outgoing!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads