anwesha98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi !
Okay , so recently I had my papers out , which I gave as a revision before my GCSE. This is something we all come across at a point of time and I did too : I failed. I mean , I got a B but I was expecting an A so a B in my opinion is a failure.

After getting the paper, I was completely broken. You might say that acceptance is important but it is very difficult to realize such things when it comes to you. The test was of english and it is a subject I advise people in. You can judge as to where my self-esteem landed after that.

However, I'd like to tell you few things I did which helped me get back on track.

1. I deleted my social media accounts. Chatting is worse than an addiction for smoking. You can get sick of tobacco but chatting is something you can't get sick of. I came home and I knew what I had to do. Grabbing the phone, I simply pressed, "delete".

2. I figured out the most important cause of my downfall. You might say that you don't know what caused you to end up where you've ended up but that's false. We all know deep down where we've gone wrong. In my case, it was that I spent a lot of time thinking about others and their viewpoints instead of focusing on my satisfaction(I know it's awkward, but it's true).

3. I didn't waste a single minute. I came home , changed and prepared myself to do a language paper. So stop using that clock as an excuse for blind staring and start utilizing it.

4. This is a natural thing I have: I'm arrogant. I think it is really essential to be arrogant because you need to have faith in yourself to say that you can do better than most people out there.

So this is it ! Recommend your ways of coping up with failures , too. I'll be really happy if you did that !

Thanks for reading !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads