The Student Room Group

Law at University of Reading/ Newcastle/ Salford/ Northumbria/ Huddersfield?

Hi

I applied this year to study law at University of Reading, Newcastle, Salford, Northumbria and Huddersfield and I got conditional offers from all of them. I am wondering what each city has to offer as the viewpoint of a student and also which one is the best for law.

I hope someone can help me with this!

Thank you :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Newcastle and Northumbria are the same city, so that narrows the scope of this project.

Newcastle is the best for law. You know this considering it has much higher entry requirements. I have to ask why you've chosen 4 unis in the North and then one random one in the South East?

If I were you, I would consider Liverpool's LLB. Easy entry, guaranteed offer, and a half-decent uni. Manchester, Sheffield too. I don't know why you're wasting your time with Salford, Huddersfield and Reading, if you've got the grades to get into Newcastle.

Northumbria is "OK", but only because of its MLaw programme which incorporates the BPTC or LPC and thus attracts SFE funding. For LPC, I am not convinced this is a huge advantage. Firstly, lots of firms pay for it anyway. Secondly, if they don't, you could do an LLM with the LPC built-in and get SFE funding. Thirdly, I know people who have left with truly exceptional firsts and their LPC, and not managed to get any legal work even in the North East. The main value is of the MLaw is the BPTC option.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hgg98
Hi

I applied this year to study law at University of Reading, Newcastle, Salford, Northumbria and Huddersfield and I got conditional offers from all of them. I am wondering what each city has to offer as the viewpoint of a student and also which one is the best for law.

I hope someone can help me with this!

Thank you :smile:

Hi @hgg98

Congratulations on your conditional offers! There is so much to do here in Salford as we are five minutes away from Manchester City Centre. Take a look at our 'Out and About' category on our student blog, this will allow you to see the type of things you can do here!

https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-salford/category/out-and-about/

I am personally a big fan of MediaCityUK. There are lots of cafes, bars and restaurants as well as a cinema, a museum and a theatre!

Good luck!

Oliver, Student Social Media Assistant.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending