Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

New Zealand- Can you be offered a phd with just a 2:1 ? watch

ReputationRep:
    it is however from a top 5 uni in UK, (the oxbridge rejects ) and I am studying towards a masters too.

thanks
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    why thank you my little puddle monkey.
    my mum loves puddleduck.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by nologiceretoday)
    it is however from a top 5 uni in UK, (the oxbridge rejects ) and I am studying towards a masters too.

thanks
    Check the requirements of the universities you want to do a PHD with... and it would really depend on what you get on your masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It would also depend on the subject just to clarify. I know many many people in the science fields that don’t have masters degrees and got a 2:1 at undergrad and are on their PhD programmes. That being said I can’t speak for New Zealand entry requirements but as said above, I’d say the individual universities would have their entry requirements on the website.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.