Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    I had my interview for Film and Theatre BA on the 17th of Jan, and I think it went pretty well but I haven't heard anything back yet. The 3rd year FTT student who was showing us around the building said they had received their offer the next day, so I was expecting to hear back yesterday. I can't take the wait!!!
    I'm scared they want to wait until all of the interviews are complete. Does anyone else have interviews coming up? And if so, when?
    Please let me know you have applied in the past, and how long it took for you to receive an answer?
    Thanks,
    Nia
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by niajayne)
    Hiya!
    I had my interview for Film and Theatre BA on the 17th of Jan, and I think it went pretty well but I haven't heard anything back yet. The 3rd year FTT student who was showing us around the building said they had received their offer the next day, so I was expecting to hear back yesterday. I can't take the wait!!!
    I'm scared they want to wait until all of the interviews are complete. Does anyone else have interviews coming up? And if so, when?
    Please let me know you have applied in the past, and how long it took for you to receive an answer?
    Thanks,
    Nia

Hi Nia,

Excellent to hear that you’re considering Reading and that your interview went well!

As I’m sure you can appreciate, this is a very busy time for admissions teams as they have a lot of people to consider and interviews make the process a little more complicated.

It is likely that they are waiting until all of the interviews are complete before they send out offers. I don’t believe it’s typical for them to give an offer the day after an interview, but I can definitely see why you’d be hopeful for this!

I personally don’t study within FTT nor did I have an interview, however I received my offer about three weeks after applying.

I know waiting isn’t fun but unfortunately, it’s the only thing that you can do for the moment. If a couple of weeks goes by and you still do not hear anything, it would be ok to contact them and ask for an update.

If there’s anything we can help with, just ask!

Dan
    Second Year Student Ambassador

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.