The Student Room Group

HELPPPP!!!

So yesterday I was applying duac gel to my face and it caused my skin to flake and then a few minutes later it began to hurt like mad so I look at it and my skin is all broken and ripped in that area. I don’t know what to do. It’s all red and raw, how long will this take to heal??

Scroll to see replies

have no idea what that was but you should have tested it behind your ear first
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So yesterday I was applying duac gel to my face and it caused my skin to flake and then a few minutes later it began to hurt like mad so I look at it and my skin is all broken and ripped in that area. I don’t know what to do. It’s all red and raw, how long will this take to heal??

I'd pop into a pharmacy for advice. They can look at it, suggest some things that might relieve it a bit, give you an idea of how long it's likely to last and help you work out why it happened and how to avoid it in the future.
It should clear up within a few days hopefully- I had a similar reaction to a face cream a while back but do not touch it- my skin started to get better after a short while. But if it does seem really bad definitely check into a pharmacy or go to the doctors
Reply 4
Original post by marzipan1030
It should clear up within a few days hopefully- I had a similar reaction to a face cream a while back but do not touch it- my skin started to get better after a short while. But if it does seem really bad definitely check into a pharmacy or go to the doctors

It’s really red, will it scab though?
It’s really red, will it scab though?

In my experience, my skin got really red and did scab over but it did not look awfully horrendous. Give it a few days and hopefully it should be fine
Reply 6
In my experience, my skin got really red and did scab over but it did not look awfully horrendous. Give it a few days and hopefully it should be fine

But this happened yesterday and still hasn’t scabbed yet. How long does it normally take?
Reply 7
go to the doctor
Reply 8
Original post by Patpsbl
go to the doctor

This is a pic. Does it look like a scab? I can’t tell
Reply 9
This is a pic. Does it look like a scab? I can’t tell

This is it
5ADC59E0-0666-4083-8B74-B006F3463875.jpg.jpeg
Does that look scabbed??
Attachment not found
this was it immediately after
But this happened yesterday and still hasn’t scabbed yet. How long does it normally take?

Mine took a day and a half to scab over but everyone will have different experiences- and remained there for just under a week (I also used a different product than you but had a similar reaction to what you have had). In all honestly if it is really bad definitely go to the doctors etc and do not touch it
Has mine scabbed up?
Does it look scabbed?
Mine took a day and a half to scab over but everyone will have different experiences- and remained there for just under a week (I also used a different product than you but had a similar reaction to what you have had). In all honestly if it is really bad definitely go to the doctors etc and do not touch it

Is mine scabbed?
This is it

Mine looked very similar- I stupidly used hair removal cream on my face- and it did end up looking like that. But saying that everyone will have different experiences. Give it time and hopefully it should get better if not definitely go to the doctors!
Mine looked very similar- I stupidly used hair removal cream on my face- and it did end up looking like that. But saying that everyone will have different experiences. Give it time and hopefully it should get better if not definitely go to the doctors!

Thank you for your help and yes it’s a scab as I’ve noticed some has come off since yesterday and there seems to be fresh skin there too. I will put a plaster on it in order to keep it moist along with some Vaseline.
Thank you for your help and yes it’s a scab as I’ve noticed some has come off since yesterday and there seems to be fresh skin there too. I will put a plaster on it in order to keep it moist along with some Vaseline.

Don’t peel it off until a few days- I was very tempted to- I just let it sit there until I was absolutely certain there was fresh skin under and I then peeled it off. Hope it gets better xx

Quick Reply

Latest