The Student Room Group

Btec grades

Hi, I’m doing btec level 3 at the moment, (subsidiaries). I was wondering whether teachers try and push you harder on quality, to make you feel as if you’re working hard. However, they could just give you a distinction if they wanted to and that would stand. Unless your work is ordered to be moderated, then it would need to be improved.

Is this correct?
Original post by GOI983
Hi, I’m doing btec level 3 at the moment, (subsidiaries). I was wondering whether teachers try and push you harder on quality, to make you feel as if you’re working hard. However, they could just give you a distinction if they wanted to and that would stand. Unless your work is ordered to be moderated, then it would need to be improved.

Is this correct?

There are some teachers with this mindset however...

Audits/ofsted visits are becoming more random and therefore, to run this risk and potentially lose their ability to award BTECs is not worth it.

From my experience, the teachers who push students are trying to build on knowledge and often trying to cover all the points in the spec.

What’s your experience of your BTEC been like? How come you think they are trying to make you ‘feel’ like you’re working hard?
(edited 6 years ago)
Every year students show me examples of assignment work that they have found online and want to know why I expect several pages of work as opposed to the few paragraphs they are seeing online. Whilst it does annoy me, my conscience is clear and all I can say is that you should aim to always receive the best education possible and complain if you don't.
I never worry about the standard of work sent off for sampling and we passed an extended sampling visit (due to the number of Dist* grades) with flying colours and much praise. I know our whole department sets high standards and it comes as an initial shock to our students as to how much we expect them to learn and the amount of evidence they have to produce. We send them off to University fully confident that they will do well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending