The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

[Development Studies] Sussex or Birmingham ?

Hello,

I am currently a third-year bachelor student in France.
I am interested in Development Studies, Social Sciences and the Arab world.
I have applied to the following courses and got offers:

- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA (Sussex)
- Conflict, Statebuilding and Development MSc (Birmingham)
- International Development MSc (Birmingham)

I am waiting for Sussex's decision regarding my application for their Development Studies MA. I have also applied to SOAS and got an offer.

I do not know how to make my mind!

On one hand, Sussex seems to be a very vibrant uni and is ranked 1st in Development Studies. I have heard that there is more chances there to have personnal contacts with the professors (that strive to be available). Moreover, my British uncles, that are professors in other uni, have recommended me Sussex's uni that seem to be "tailored to my interests".

On the other hand, Birmingham is more prestigious and their course is more flexible (more modules to chose). However their international development department does not have the same ranking than the Sussex's one.

My main point is that I want to develop this area of interest (development studies) but also gain visibility and have opportunities, make contacts with professors and so on.

I would love to receive feedbacks and advices from Sussex's students!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending