The Student Room Group

Girl told my friend I am like a brother

I have a crush on a coursemate for about 2 years now since we both started university. In my eyes she kept giving me mixed signals that she likes me, saying she liked guys like me, stuff like that and during truth and dare etc says she would date me. Also when someone asked her out she jokingly said I have completion.

However I asked a mutual close friend of ours to ask her how she feels about me and she said that she thinks of me as her brother.

What does this mean? The girl suddenly says don't ask her out and I'm devastated as I thought we both liked each other and I was going to ask her out next week.
Reply 1
I am kind of stuck. She only said that to our friend. My friends still say ask her out, the friend says don't, my dad says go on. I want to ask her out as she is the most comparable person I've ever met (same interested personality etc) but I'm scared that if I do and she declines, we would lose our over two year friendship and we are pretty close.
Firstly, my condolences, and secondly, I suggest just go for it. In case things go south you can always resort to saying it was a dare. Girls usually tend to play hard to get, and their friends tend to also play along. Just take your chances, you honestly have nothing to lose.
Hope this helps :smile:
She says you are like a brother because you are a beta cuck. You need to be more alpha and learn how to not be a cuck, then she will be powerless to resist your Chaddiness. First you must learn the ancient Chad art of standsh*tting from reddit.com/r/theredpill so you are no longer a cuck.
Your two year friendship has to be binned or put on hold. If you want to truly get over her, you need to distance yourself as far as possible.

It's difficult to be in a situation where, if it turns out she doesn't like you in that way, you try to accept it and remain friends. It takes a lot for this to work.
Ask her out, you won’t regret it.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I have a crush on a coursemate for about 2 years now since we both started university. In my eyes she kept giving me mixed signals that she likes me, saying she liked guys like me, stuff like that and during truth and dare etc says she would date me. Also when someone asked her out she jokingly said I have completion.

However I asked a mutual close friend of ours to ask her how she feels about me and she said that she thinks of me as her brother.

What does this mean? The girl suddenly says don't ask her out and I'm devastated as I thought we both liked each other and I was going to ask her out next week.

why have you waited a whopping 2 years to ask her out??

you've waiting so long you've slipped past the "friend" zone, and into the "brother" zone.

You're like family now. Friend zone would actually be a step up for you.

Perhaps she did like you at some point [referring to your comments about how she said she liked guys like you] ..but you waited so long to make a move you fell all the way right down into the brother zone.

The chances of a girl saying yes to dating you after saying she see's you as a brother are extremely slim. Ask her out to get closure if you feel you have to but just know it's very unlikely to be the answer you are looking for.
Coming from a girl. This doesn't work. Just be yourself and girls will come to you, through positivity. Also both guys and girls, even though guys do hate it, love the chase. It's evolutionary, like it's in our blood since the beginning of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending