The Student Room Group

how many marks will i lose?

hi, forgot to refer explicitly back to the question in english language. however, i analysed the text in great detail (as required). how many marks will i potentially lose? the total marks for the question was 12. thank-you!
The trouble is if you don't relate what you're saying to the question you effectively aren't answering it. Obviously you will pick up marks for analysis but you may lose out for not showing that you appreciate and understand the text and the question. There is no set number of marks you will lose as it is at the examiner's discretion
Reply 2
Original post by erw2611
The trouble is if you don't relate what you're saying to the question you effectively aren't answering it. Obviously you will pick up marks for analysis but you may lose out for not showing that you appreciate and understand the text and the question. There is no set number of marks you will lose as it is at the examiner's discretion

thank-you very much. so you think that i would potentially lose half of the marks?
Original post by ?Hannah?
thank-you very much. so you think that i would potentially lose half of the marks?

I mean, I'm no teacher or examiner so I couldn't tell you, I suppose it depends if the examiner can follow what you're saying and understand your point. I think half the marks would be very harsh, but some examiners are
Reply 4
Original post by erw2611
I mean, I'm no teacher or examiner so I couldn't tell you, I suppose it depends if the examiner can follow what you're saying and understand your point. I think half the marks would be very harsh, but some examiners are

thank you so much! so the minimum that i would get is 6 out of 12? x

Quick Reply

Latest