The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Studying abroad

I have the option to study abroad for my second year, how does it work? Is there funding available, do you HAVE to stay in student accomodation etc?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by stephwelsbyyy
I have the option to study abroad for my second year, how does it work? Is there funding available, do you HAVE to stay in student accomodation etc?

Hi :ciao:

Glad to hear you'e considering studying abroad during your course :smile: Information on our Study Abroad programme can be found here, and you can contact our Exchanges Team with any questions at [email protected] or 0161 247 1022.

If you'll be receiving Student Finance for your course, you may continue to receive this during your time studying abroad. You may also be eligible for a travel grant - further info can be found here. You will need to budget for the general cost of living as well as additional costs for visas, travel, medical insurance and vaccinations (depending on your destination).

Whether you need to stay in student accommodation while abroad would be at the discretion of the institution, but it may be worth bearing in mind that securing private accommodation abroad may be difficult. It may be advisable to look into the accommodation options for exchange students at the university you wish to study abroad at.

Give us a shout if you have any more questions :smile:

Matt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending