Turn on thread page Beta

Can you get an A* at A level with 3 months revision? watch

Is 3 months sufficient time to make notes, revise and take past papers for A level if you are aiming for an A* or an A?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you're aiming for that high you should have started earlier, however if you put the effort in it is achievable.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    depends what subject?

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean, that depends on your intelligence...and I assume you are pretty intelligent if that's what you're aiming for. So yes, I think that would suffice. But you should also be wary of burnout. If you burn yourself out before the exam from working too hard you will do dreadfully.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    true... i thought i would do the same in 3 months but i ended up procrastinating...

to be honest, unless your a fast learner or are determined to study 24 hours for the exams then go ahead.
    if not, then good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What were your AS grades?

I'm a pretty fast learner if I put the work in. I do have a lot of free time. I'm in year 12 right now so yeh. Is it still possible? When do most people start revising for a levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a pretty fast learner if I put the work in. I do have a lot of free time. I'm in year 12 right now so yeh. Is it still possible? When do most people start revising for a levels?
    then thats fine i guess... some people start when they are comfortable or under too much pressure, it really depends. ideally, i would say 4-6 months prior to ur exam is a suitable time to revise, especially working on things you find difficult first, then the easy stuff and practice.

When do A grade students start studying?

ReputationRep:
    stupid A grade students start 2 weeks before, A-A* grade students start 4-5 months early

ReputationRep:
    (For context I got 1 C and 2 D's at AS level). I started studying properly for my June exams around March/April (Easter holidays) with some light revision going on from around the middle of February, which was when my mocks were. For my written exam subjects, I got two A's (history and psychology), and a B in photography. I used mind maps, flashcards and past paper exam questions. If you're lucky you'll have a day before each exam to cram - before my Unit 1 psychology exam I did something like 300 past paper questions, and before one of my history exams I did 60+ essay plans. You have to be dedicated and willing to work hard, but it's completely possible to bring the grades up if you work hard, and pretty much put your social life on hold until your exams are done.

(Original post by Americancer)
    If you are an ethnic minority they will give you A*s no matter what you score on test, whites given lower scores, affirmative action filling important jobs with subhumans to impoverish and wipe out white race... Sad!
    What are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Americancer)
    If you are an ethnic minority they will give you A*s no matter what you score on test, whites given lower scores, affirmative action filling important jobs with subhumans to impoverish and wipe out white race... Sad!
    That explains your name.

ReputationRep:
    From the beginning of the year. Little and often is the best way to go I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessThomas6)
    (For context I got 1 C and 2 D's at AS level). I started studying properly for my June exams around March/April (Easter holidays) with some light revision going on from around the middle of February, which was when my mocks were. For my written exam subjects, I got two A's (history and psychology), and a B in photography. I used mind maps, flashcards and past paper exam questions. If you're lucky you'll have a day before each exam to cram - before my Unit 1 psychology exam I did something like 300 past paper questions, and before one of my history exams I did 60+ essay plans. You have to be dedicated and willing to work hard, but it's completely possible to bring the grades up if you work hard, and pretty much put your social life on hold until your exams are done.
    YOU DONE 300 QUESTIONS IN ONE DAY 😳😫 or did I just read this completely wrong 🤔💕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnolia0)
    YOU DONE 300 QUESTIONS IN ONE DAY 😳😫 or did I just read this completely wrong 🤔💕
    They were mainly short answer, if they were anything above about 5 marks I bullet-pointed the answers, and worked 6am till midnight. Don't recommend it but my exam was in the afternoon, and that exam paper was my best one! (Some questions were simply mutli-choice or two/ three-word answers though!)

Has anyone gotten an A with 3 months revision?

ReputationRep:
    You have given no context, so the answer could range from "walk in the park" to "forget it".

ReputationRep:
    yes we need to know how many subjects and what subject.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point in this thread. The only thing stopping it from being possible is yourself. Don't talk about it and work on it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.