The Student Room Group

Revision Notes ~ Written or Typed?

I was just wondering where you all stand on this topic. For some subjects that are wordier like Economics, History and RE, I'd prefer to type up those notes. It's much neater than writing it out and I have a typing speed of 90 WPM, so its quicker for me as well. I'd usually print it out and have a hard copy available, because I hate reading off a screen.

But on the other hand, I seem to remember more when I write my notes down manually, although it does take a LONG TIME to make it look pretty and what not. But I'd do this for Bio/Chem/Phyiscs and other subjects that may require more diagrams and what not.

Just wanted to know what everyone's general consensus is about written vs typed revision notes :smile:
I personally like to type as many of my revision notes as I can, since it's quicker than handwriting for me and it's easier to keep all my notes organised if they're all on one document/in a folder. If I need to learn things like diagrams then I'll draw them out by hand, but I prefer typing for the majority of revision notes. I know quite a few people on my course who like to handwrite their notes, but I just don't have the enthusiasm or the patience :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest