The Student Room Group

Maastricht University 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi everyone I was accepted to MU to do my MA in New Media and Digital Culture. I'm sooooo excited!! I have interviews with 2 unis (so far) in London but MU is my top choice. Anyone else starting this fall? any other international students (non eu)? What are yall going for?

Congrats & good luck everyone!
Is anyone else doing A levels and going to Maastricht? Im really worried about not meeting the entry requirements and my acceptance being revoked.
Reply 62
Has anyone of you applying to ELS received a definite answer of getting accepted? I am a bit worried. I completed the questionnaire got a positive response, put in my paying details on Studielink, but I would like to know for sure if I got in...
Original post by ma.rie
Has anyone of you applying to ELS received a definite answer of getting accepted? I am a bit worried. I completed the questionnaire got a positive response, put in my paying details on Studielink, but I would like to know for sure if I got in...

Hi future colleague, I also got a positive response to my questionaire from ELS and as far as I know (from my friends who attended UM) it is the definite acceptance, unless you dont pass your finals (I, for one, am still waiting for my results). After providing them with your final exams diploma/results sheet idk, and paying for the university year, you will officially become a student.
I hope to see you in September!
Hey guys! Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait before getting the answer from MU? Applying to B DKE and ES this year. (Meaning, after submitting matching questionnaire)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 65
Hello there,

I'm currently in my final high school year and I am looking for a bachelor. I'm really into maths but also like politics and jurisprudence. I came across the Maastricht University and I immediately liked it. However, I can't decide what programme I would like to apply to. I came here in hopes of finding someone who could help me with his/her personal experience. I am torn between the school of business and the European Law School.

I really like the content of the European Law School bachelor but I do not want to lose touch with maths..so I don't really know what to do...

I would really appreciate if someone studying at the European Law School or at the SBE could share some of his/her personal experience.
1. How are the courses
2. Future career perspectives
or anything regarding the programme

Thanks!!
Hey guys, I have just been acepted to UCM and I was wondering if anyone knew much about accommodation? I want to book some soon as I have heard it is oversubscribed and I will definitely be using the UM Guesthouse as it seems like by far the best way to secure accommodation from the UK and I want to live near a lot of other students to approximate the social experience of British uni halls.

I am looking on the Maastricht Housing site now, and I am in two minds about whether to apply for a room in the Bosquetplein/Zwingelput accommodation complex close to UCM on which 38 Bachelors and Masters students live (because it would be lovely to be able to roll out of bed at 8.50 for a 9 am class!) and the building on Brauersweg where apparently up to a couple of hundred students live in the building, and the rooms also look nicer but it is 20 minutes further away from UCM... Do any current students have a view on which is preferable? Above is all the information I currently have, so any insight which might affect my decision would be super helpful e.g. if one or the other is a particular social hub or has a higher concentration of Bachelors vs postgrad students or either has outstandingly better facilities?
Hello stickyslytherin, were you invited for an interview? How was it? What questions were asked? I have mine next week and I am super afraid. Thank you!!!!
Original post by Hobbiiinz
Hey guys! Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait before getting the answer from MU? Applying to B DKE and ES this year. (Meaning, after submitting matching questionnaire)

Hi @Hobbiiinz,
I am applying the same programthis year. I turned in my matching questionnaire more than a month ago, but I have not received any feedback email yet....I am getting a bit worried because the department never responded to my email.

Quick Reply

Latest