Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone else out there is trying to get to grips with the new standards and the pebblepad system?

I'm finding being able to apply my evidence to a standard, especially my lessons and planning, as the most tricky. I think doing it online is great however, just want to see if anyone has any advice or have the same struggles? Neither my internal or external mentor have been informed fully so they are as blind as I am. seems like its been rushed out to me, without proper forethought (not like any government to do that is it??!!)

i'm probably totally overthinking this, and should just tick away but I messed up on my PGCE and had so much to do the end of term, I don't want to do that again!

Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    :lol: you're right about the Government,

maybe nudge either of your mentors again to make a proper enquiry as to how it all works?:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Sorry if this reply is a bit late in the day by myself and two other recently qualified teachers have just set up a support group to help people having this exact
    problem. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and on Hwb if you search NQT Support Wales. The three of us struggled with know how to fill in our online
    profile and with the pebble pad. As you said, our mentors were not much more the wiser than us.

What I would say would be to just get started and get clicking. The main message we received was to make sure each standard had at least 3 pieces of evidence against it. Of course one piece of evidence could be linked to lots of different standards.

I hope this is of some help. If you know of anyone else struggling with this then please send them our way.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I cant find you on FB or Twitter

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.