Studying criminology/criminal law?

Watch this thread
Lauren8001
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone studying criminology/ criminal law? What is it like? And would you recommend it?
username2353215
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Criminal law is a module, Criminology is a complete degree with a number of different modules which includes criminal law (at some universities).

I dont do criminology, but criminal law is a great module. Really one of the more engaging ones.
Lauren8001
Rep:
(Original post by TSRFT8)
Criminal law is a module, Criminology is a complete degree with a number of different modules which includes criminal law (at some universities).

I dont do criminology, but criminal law is a great module. Really one of the more engaging ones.
Okay, thank you!
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Criminology. It is not the same as law. It's criminal justice which includes the causes of deviant behaviour, police processes, the court and trial system, the prison system, and the probation service. With some of that you get a small dose of criminal law and human rights, but it is a small dose.

Criminal law. If you do a law degree, you will do criminal law alongside the other big areas: constitutional, contract, land, EU, torts, equity. But a law degree is much wider than criminal law, just as a criminology is. I went into law thinking criminal would be my baby, along with some human rights -- realised in first term I hated it and ended up with an exclusive academic interest in commercial law and its history.
Lauren8001
Rep:
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
Criminology. It is not the same as law. It's criminal justice which includes the causes of deviant behaviour, police processes, the court and trial system, the prison system, and the probation service. With some of that you get a small dose of criminal law and human rights, but it is a small dose.

Criminal law. If you do a law degree, you will do criminal law alongside the other big areas: constitutional, contract, land, EU, torts, equity. But a law degree is much wider than criminal law, just as a criminology is. I went into law thinking criminal would be my baby, along with some human rights -- realised in first term I hated it and ended up with an exclusive academic interest in commercial law and its history.

Okay, thank you for sharing! Good luck with your degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
29.2%
Take a gap year (21)
15.33%
Resit my exams (37)
27.01%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.14%
I don't know yet (15)
10.95%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.38%

Watched Threads