AaronKJM
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How is the nightlife and will it suit me? I like the drum and bass scene/bassline and overall a good night out! I realise I will most likely have a good time whatever uni I’m going but nightlife is a big factor for me as I’m travelling from Leicester, thanks.
BU Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AaronKJM)
How is the nightlife and will it suit me? I like the drum and bass scene/bassline and overall a good night out! I realise I will most likely have a good time whatever uni I’m going but nightlife is a big factor for me as I’m travelling from Leicester, thanks.
Hey Aaron

In terms of DnB, Bournemouth has some great events on offer.

I work at the student-union's own nightclub: The Old Firestation (TOFS) and we have plenty of DnB nights. Most recently we hosted DJ Hazard for 'I Enter'.

Saturday nights at TOFS are your best bet for this sort of thing however there're loads of other events too! Foreverland is one that sounds like you'd enjoy so keep an eye out for tickets to that.

On the 27th Jan there's an event called Bedlam (Happens maybe 3 times a year roughly) and this time they're host to pendulum and sub-focus - They're playing at the o2 in Boscombe, a 10/15 minute taxi ride from Bournemouth) - which is another great spot fro music, right on our doorstep.

I imagine you'd like 'the bunker', which is right next door to Fire Station. These guys host some pretty cool DnB nights too.

My Nu Leng also seem to play Bournemouth quite a lot, with their next tour hitting Bournemouth on the 10th March.

We also have Soundclash in Ringwood (The same location as our summer ball) and that's usually a mnix of Bournemouth and Southampton uni students - very popular.

To be honest, there's loads of events cutting around, you just have to keep your ears to the ground and make sure you can get a ticket fast enough! In terms of nightlife here, I feel that there's something for everyone.

Hope this helps answer your question bud - if there's anything else you'd like to know then don't be afraid to ask!

-Dom B
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads